Legal Technologist - Manchester | Zoek UK | 0e2ee4
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Manchester, Greater Manchester, England
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer is a major international law firm, providing business law advice of the highest quality. We want to be the law firm that clients turn to for legal advice where it most matters, wherever in the world that may be. The Firm has over 2,400 lawyers in 28 offices around the world, providing a comprehensive service to national and multinational corporations, financial institutions and governments.
Our people make our firm - we are a people business and want to create a welcoming and supportive environment where all can flourish. We see diversity as a strength which creates fresh perspectives and generates new ideas. We enjoy our work and are determined to do an outstanding job. We deliver best when working in teams. Our culture is a product of the combined mindsets and behaviours of our people which is through the Being Freshfields principles, outlined below:
- we show respect to everyone
- we are there for one another
- we are open with each other
- we are positive role models
We think and work globally - we don't just say we are one firm; we act like one firm right across the world. We work wherever our clients need us. This is how we define ourselves, not by reference to where we have offices. Cross-border work isn't just what we do, it is what we excel at. We understand what it really takes to work across different legal systems and commercial environments and to bridge language and cultural gaps.
We aim to add value in everything we do - we are passionate about helping our clients succeed. We use our experience and creativity to help clients make judgements and achieve their goals. In everything we do, we seek to make a real difference to the communities in which we operate.
The Freshfields Global Centre provides both business and legal services to the firm. Our services are delivered in a way which supports the global nature of our firm and our clients, enables our fee earners to deliver exceptional service to our clients and to do that in a way which is efficient and effective.
Freshfields is committed to promoting equality and diversity and to developing a culture that values differences, recognising that employees from a variety of backgrounds make important and positive contributions to our business and how we service our clients.
Legal Technology Operations Team
The Legal Technology Operations team sits within the Freshfields Hub. It is responsible for the deployment of legal technology for matters across the firm. The team provides support to our lawyers and clients, selecting the most appropriate technologies and ensuring they are implemented in the most effective way to deliver high quality legal services
Role summary/purpose of job
- Responsible for the end to end deployment and management of legal technology on client matters.
- Working with the Senior Manager to deliver, oversee and maintain technology development projects.
- Provide support, advice and training to the global network regarding the deployment and effective use of legal technology.
- Support pitch and business development activities with clients in relation to the use of legal technology.
Key responsibilities and deliverables
Responsibilities will include:
- End to end management of legal technology deployment on client matters - including but not limited to Kira, HighQ, DocuSign and Contract Express.
- Working closely with colleagues across the Freshfields Hub and our lawyers to ensure that legal technology is used effectively, delivering maximum client and business benefit.
- Working closely with key stakeholders in Legal Practice Groups, IT, Legal (Risk) and Information Security, to ensure that their requirements are met and our use of technology products is governed robustly.
- Supporting the adoption of legal technology across the network through regular engagement, demos and creation and maintenance of relevant collateral materials.
- Defining and delivering against project plans to introduce and embed new technologies, detailing the business case, deliverables and measures of success.
- Supporting our global pitch team to effectively marketing legal technology offerings to clients.
- Previous legal experience or legal technology experience
- Experience using legal tech solutions such as Kira, Contract Express, DocuSign, HighQ, Sharepoint.
- Experience supporting lawyers in the use of legal technology.
- Experience of third-party vendor engagement/management.
- Experience of successfully planning, supporting and maintaining legal technology solutions.
- Experience of working in the legal sector.
- Experience of and interest in new and emerging technologies such as AI, machine learning, TAR, data room analytics and document review platforms. Using APIs and linking legal tech systems and workflows together.
- Project management skills
- Must be comfortable with ambiguity and able to quickly identify key information to allow progress to be made.
- Able to resolve complex problems taking a proactive approach to analyse the issues and generate solutions. A determination to see a problem through to a solution.
- Outstanding customer service skills with a helpful and responsive approach.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to manage tasks efficiently.
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to pitch new ideas clearly and inspire confidence.
- Takes ownership of tasks and is dedicated to meeting and exceeding expectations.
- Takes a consultative approach and has the ability to build strong working relationships at all levels.