Mechanical Design Engineer - Lancaster | Zoek UK | 0e2f9b
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Mechanical Design Engineer
Lancaster, Lancashire, England
Permanent (Full time)
White Label have a very exciting opportunity to join a leading engineering client of ours based in Lancaster. The company is seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their extremely busy engineering team to help drive the department forward. If you want to feel part of a friendly and motivated team that invests in it’s employees then please read on:
Scope of the role
* New product development from generation to commercialisation (O&G and Renewables)
* Building and maintaining new client relationships
* Improvement of existing products
* Support sales and project management with design activities associated with sales enquiries and works orders
* Work with customers and suppliers and attend client meeting and trade shows representing the Company
* The use of Autodesk suite of design tools.
* Perform finite elemental analysis through computer simulation.
* Produce detail engineering and assembly drawings for manufacturing, testing and verification and conformance of design outputs to meet design inputs and oversee testing.
* Produce engineering documents
* Produce engineering models and detail drawings using Inventor and ACAD
* Perform finite analysis using ANSYS
* Duty to eliminate, reduce or control foreseeable health & safety risks through the design process.
* Produce test procedures, reports and manuals
* Contact customers and suppliers for technical support to project managers
* Analyse and solve technical problems and provide solutions in a timely manner
* Investigate new technologies or existing technologies
• Minimum HND in Mechanical Engineering
• At least 5 years’ industry experience in an engineering field
• Experience using FEA
• Confident user of 3D CAD packages (Autodesk Inventor is advantageous)
• Self-confident, enthusiastic, good communication skills
• Good organisational skills
• Experience working in a fast-paced environment and able to meet strict deadlines
* Competitive salary to be discussed
* Holidays: 25 days plus 8 bank holidays
* Weekly hours: 37
* Early finish on a Friday
* Friendly working environment
* Bupa care & cash plan
This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing company. They offer ongoing training for all levels of engineers and encourage progression.
Please apply for immediate consideration or contact Eve Dunn at White Label Recruitment for more information