GIS Consultant - Brighton | Zoek UK | 0e3dff
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Brighton, Brighton and Hove, England
£32000 - £42000/annum Dependent on experience
Permanent (Full time)
The role of GIS Consultant is an exciting and rewarding opportunity for the right person to gain experience implementing GIS solutions across multiple disciplines and through all parts of a project’s life cycle.
This position would suit someone who has experience of providing FME, Python and ArcGIS solutions in project environments.
Essential Skills & Experience
* Either a degree qualification in GIS or a related field and more than five years work experience, or 10 years’ experience using GIS software
* Experience using ArcGIS 10x and its extensions
* Demonstrable experience of creating work benches in FME
* Experience automating GIS tasks using Python
* Experience of providing GIS support in project focused environments with internal clients
* Proven experience of delivering high quality outputs to deadlines within pressurised environments
* Able to communicate the benefits of GIS internally
* ESRI ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Online (AGOL), ArcGIS Server (Config)
* SQL Server
Desirable Skilled & Experience
* Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary consultancy
* Experience with working / controlling a large number of evolving datasets
* Hands on experience of using CAD derived data within a GIS environment
* Experience of providing information management advice or solutions to multi-disciplinary projects
* Experience of GeoServer and GeoNetwork
* Experience of PostGres/PostGIS
* Work as an effective member of a GIS project team on high profile infrastructure projects.
* Key contact for GIS data capture, cartography, analysis and modelling
* Communicate the benefits of GIS in a multi-disciplinary environment
* Provide GIS technical support on projects
* Identify and develop business opportunities by providing client focused GIS solutions
* Project manage internal GIS tasks