South London, London
£22000 - £49000 per annum + SEN 1
An Ofsted Outstanding school within the London Borough of Sutton are currently in need of a specialist SEN Teacher from September 2019 on a full time basis. The school are paying Upper Pay Scale, plus SEN1 for experienced SEN teacher but NQTs will be considered too.
The School are looking for a creative and enthusiastic teacher to join their team. This is for a class of 7 pupils from Y5Y7 with profound and multiple learning difficulties (PMLD). You will join a caring and supportive specialist school where you will have access to experienced support staff and access to state of the art resources enabling you to deliver lessons that can engage students of all abilities. This is a great opportunity to give children with profound and multiple learning difficulties access to highquality education.
Successful candidate will have:
- Degree or equivalent
- Qualified teacher status
- Meets the teachers standards in their current role and is committed to developing these in a new, highly specialist environment
- A commitment to providing high quality learning and teaching
- A commitment to professional development particularly in relation to meeting the needs of pupils with complex needs
- A commitment to promoting positive attitudes and values
- A commitment to equality of opportunity
- Able to respond positively to change
- Additional qualifications or training in special needs
- Experience of working with pupils with SLD, PMLD, physical difficulties
- Working knowledge of P levels, Routes for Learning, B squared and other assessment tools
- Experience of working with multidisciplinary teams
- Experience of managing and leading educational visits
- Makaton user
- Knowledge of AAC
- Knowledge of health and safety issues related to pupils with complex needs
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants are required to attend a face to face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Reeson Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. It is Reeson Educations policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Reeson Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
Posted 32 days ago