English teacher in China
Our client is part of a Chinese Government backed campaign to deliver English tuition to a wider population in the Chinese province, Wuhan City.
The English teaching programme has been running for a number of years and the Government now wish to extend this initiative and so is seeking more native English speakers to deliver the tuition in Wuhan City.
You would be teaching English to children in China aged between 6 - 12 years old, many of whom may have some basic English language skills already. The teaching is based around helping equip the Chinese population communicate better with the rising number of overseas visitors, who will use English to communicate. This rise in overseas visitors is the result of upcoming cultural and sporting events.
You will be typically based at an educational institute where you will be teaching children English, and, to a lesser extent, written English.
You would be based in Wuchang District of Wuhan City, China, with:
- Accommodation provided as part of the package
- Limited travel and transfer funds.
- Flight tickets will be reimbursed once the full years contract has been completed.
- Support with the visa application process, which will be reimbursed by your appointed school
- Some excursions whilst based in China
- Insurance provided
- Free of charge residence permit.
- Holidays: fully paid public Chinese holidays
- Vacation: July and Aug. two months summer vacation. Half-paid one month, the other month, no pay.
More specific information:
Public School Job Description:
- Location: Wuhan city, Hubei province, China
- Contract Term: late Feb 2016-Jan 2017, renewable
- Job Position: English teacher
- Students age: 6-12 years old
- Working Days: Monday to Friday
- Working hours: 20 periods teaching plus 8 office hours per week, 45 minutes per teaching period.
Remuneration and Benefits:
- Salary: RMB 7,000 equivalent to ?725 monthly
- Accommodation: free of charge independent apartment.
- Holidays: full paid public Chinese holidays
Vacation: July and Aug. two months summer vacation. Half-paid one month, the other month, no pay.
- Airfare allowance: RMB7,000 equivalent to ?725 yearly upon the completion of the contract
- Insurance: accident insurance
- -Working visa: offer working permit and invitation letter
- -Free of charge residence permit
- You must have a BA degree. This does not have to be in English, any BA degree qualifies.
- You must hold a UK passport and be a native English speaker with English as your first language
- You must have clear diction and spoken English and be proficient in written English and hold English Language GSCE C level equivalent or above
- You must hold either TEFL/TESOL/ESOL/IAT certificates or equivalent.
-You should not have a criminal record or other restrictions that may affect your visa processing
- Skills- You must have 2 years of teaching experience or equivalent.
- You must be prepared to spend at least 12 months in Beijing, although holiday breaks are included.
- -You must have a passion for teaching and an open mind towards embracing other cultures
Posted 15 days ago