£9.50 - £10.50 per hour
Teaching Personnel are working with a number of alternative provisions who require Support Assistants.
Students who are supported within the provision have a variety of Special Educational Needs and backgrounds including Social, Emotional and Mental Health, Autism and children within the care system. Some students also present with challenging behaviour.
Day to day the students timetables include Functional Skills, Maths, English and other vocational and hands on activities. You will provide emotional support as well as writing and reading.
The ideal candidate might have or previously had experience in;
- Experience working in a school or care setting
- Experience with persons of 2-19 years of age
- Valid DBS on the update service (or be willing to apply for one)
- Own transport or ability to use public transport
- working with people with challenging behaviour
- Personal experience supporting persons with Special Educational Needs is invaluable
- Sports Coaching, Carer background, Social Working or Performing Arts
The ideal candidate would have;
- An understanding of ASC - this may be personal experiences
- Childcare qualifications are useful but not essential - it's about personality
- The ability to promote development of self confidence and personal self awareness
- The ability to effectively manage challenging behaviour - being able to deescalate situations (Customer Service providers will have extensive experience in this area)
- The ability to inspire, can you intrigue others with subjects of interest?
- An empathetic nature
- A desire to support and assist the development of student learning
If you feel you are the ideal candidate for this role please contact Chloe Moffatt on ######### or click apply now!
Posted 19 days ago