Financial Crime Manager - Lower Basildon | Zoek UK | 0e6a82
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Financial Crime Manager
Lower Basildon, West Berkshire, England
We are currently seeking an experienced Financial Crime Manager to join our Financial Services client based in Basildon. The successful applicant will join the Financial Crime Compliance Team within the Second Line of Defence and will work a hybrid of home and office-based working.
Financial Crime Manager purpose:
- Define and continually improve financial crime processes and procedures, and ensure a robust framework by providing oversight of the First Line of Defence Operations.
- Raise employee compliance risk awareness and conduct monitoring activities, including identifying trends, possible gaps in process and corrective actions and contribute to strengthening the compliance culture within the organisation.
- Provide support to the MLRO and Financial Crime Senior Manager and complying with the regulatory regimes in which the company operates.
Financial Crime Manager duties will include:
- Lead the oversight of the First Line of Defence operations, including reviewing the SARs, PEP/Sanction checks, Transaction Monitoring, KYC on-boarding and reverification management.
- Lead and have the oversight of new and existing confirmed fraud cases identifying trends and engaging Operations in the development of any gaps.
- Lead the review of monthly samples of internal SAR related referral queries and of AML related breaches.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Detailed knowledge of the Money Laundering Regulations and JMLSG guidance.
- A confident understanding of Financial Crime Prevention and the relevant FCA requirements.
- Demonstrable understanding of compliance within the Financial Services Industry.
- ICA or ACAMS qualified or willingness to study for.