Senior Structural Engineer
Our Client is a leading Engineer & Consultancy business looking to add to Structural Engineering talent to their Oil & Gas business unit in Aberdeen.
Joining an Oil & Gas Engineering & Consulting business in Aberdeen, you will have the opportunity to work on all aspects of drilling structures including riser analysis, subsea conductor and platform conductor analysis for clients in the North Sea and worldwide.
As well as supporting exploration drilling activities and conductor design, you will also provide day to day operational support to our client's fixed assets, many of which are operating in life extension with well components, such as conductors, connectors, guides and guide frames, suffering degradation and wear. Developing innovative repair solutions is therefore a key part of this role. As part of the structural team, you may also contribute to or lead other aspects of structural integrity management including jacket and topsides analysis, inspection review and brownfield design.
As such we may consider someone from a broader structural engineering background with a strong interest in advanced analysis and a grounding in riser and conductor analysis, although a drilling specialist is preferred as the requirement is to lead work and support innovation.
You will generally be working in a small team led by a Principal Engineer and report through the structural team. There will be opportunities to get involved in and lead aspects of other projects involving structural integrity management and repair.
You will be able to manage your own cost and time targets to deliver an efficient, high calibre engineering service and preparation of associated clear, concise, high quality reports. You will be working in a team of engineers to execute projects with pool resources from other teams and external consultants where appropriate, and will have the opportunity to develop your capabilities in line with the requirements of the Atkins career paths.
Building and developing relationships is a key part of this role. You will be able to anticipate, interpret and deliver client requirements, thereby winning work from new and existing clients. In addition to building relationships with our clients, you will be able to work with other teams to develop cross-discipline capabilities, and have a co-operative and helpful attitude to colleagues and clients.You will have the potential and desire to progress to Principal Engineer status and beyond.
In addition to having the ability to cope with rapidly challenging problems and bringing a flexible approach to adapt to individual situations, other key requirements include:
- Offshore structural analysis experience of drilling risers and conductors using software such as FLEXCOM (preferred) or ORCAFLEX.
- Technical understanding of environmental wave loading and/or vessel motions.
- Proven success in delivering drilling structures projects against time, cost and quality objectives.
- Experience of managing small teams including carrying out performance reviews.
- Engineering degree (honours or equivalent) in mechanical, structural, civil, naval architecture or equivalent discipline.
- Chartered Engineer or working towards Chartered status with a professional institution.
- Self-motivated, positive, enthusiastic, reliable, consistent and mature approach to work - appropriate to delivering growth in the face of challenging market conditions.
- Willingness to develop a wide range of skills and flexibility to work on a variety of projects.
- It is desirable for the applicant to have offshore structural analysis experience of jackets, topsides, floating and subsea systems - particularly using SESAM software. Non-linear FEA experience in ABAQUS and USFOS and other comparable software packages is preferred. We recognise individual preferences for project management or technical delivery and we offer exciting and challenging careers in both areas.
Additional Information and Benefits:
Travel to other company sites may be necessary.
Flexible working options will be considered for this vacancy.
Full details of the benefits package available for review, which includes the opportunity to purchase up to 15 days additional annual leave per year on top of our standard 25 days paid annual leave.
Our Client develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents.
Our Client encourage participation in all forms of training and have an active programme of in-house and external training for all of their engineers. Developing your capability is key to their success, and that is why they place such an importance on it.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
Posted 8 days ago