Regional Manager - Bristol | Zoek UK | 0e74b3
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
This role is a Senior Leadership role within the Company owned and operated stores estate.
You will be integral and influential in the Implementation of the group strategy for the company owned store estate with and through your teams. Your role will be to influence and support the delivery of the business plan and targets through the day to day operational running of your stores.
You will inspire, coach and create a collaborative working team within your region to deliver the required results. You will ensure that the corporate stores P&L & KPIs are delivered by setting your team the appropriate goals. You will be relentless in checking compliance.
You will be accountable for ensuring our customers have a great shopping experience in our stores.
You will use internal and external insights to enable you to direct the stores in your region to make a positive difference for customers, colleagues and the business.
- Mitigate risk by protecting Bestway with safe and secure processes for people, stock and property.
- Use your knowledge and experience to Drive operational excellence and consistency on store standards.
- Ensure stores adhere to Company owned and operated store routines and processes, influence and take responsibility where change is needed to improve on these to make better.
- Develop Regional plans to achieve the Business strategy and take ownership of the delivery of this.
- Coach the leaders in your region to deliver outstanding results for their people ensuring everyone has an opportunity to develop and is trained to carry out their role both technically and behaviourally.
- You will have a robust People and Succession plan and a pipeline of talent to support future growth
- You will challenge in the appropriate manner ensuring colleagues are treated fairly and with respect.
- Celebrate success across your teams and continually learn from missed opportunities.
- Build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders using inspirational communication, effective listening, recognition and challenge.
- Focus on personal growth opportunities to continuously develop yourself.
- Embrace change so you oversee successful implementation, embedding and sustaining of change initiatives.
- Role model the need for your team to view stores through the eyes of customers and put in place consistent customer measures that are simple to follow and track.
- Identify how to build relationships within the communities where your stores are situated to positively impact on the brand of Bestway.
- Manage all customer issues and complaints within your region ensuring that learnings are taken and implemented accordingly.
- Using data and local knowledge you will ensure competitor activity is closely monitored, visited and action plans put in place to protect or grow sales and profit with the right proposition.
- Take responsibility that all property matters are logged and followed through and where required a business case is produced to support any works.
- Your team understand and follow HR policies.
Contacts/Key Relationships & Nature of Influence:
- Central Operations team
- Commercial Team
- People Team
- Finance Team
- Marketing Team
- Logistics Team
- Third parties
- Head of Company Operated and Owned Stores
- Significant experience of motivating, developing and managing performance of direct reports (30 plus) to inspire operational excellence across multi-sites ideally in a convenience environment.
- Has the ability to interact and understand others, is confident in developing new relationships and builds on existing relationships to ensuring that key stakeholders are engaged and trust and mutual respect is achieved.
- Successfully delivers long-term strategic plans and improvement of success measures whilst managing budgets.
- Uses a variety of leadership skills to get the best from an individual or situation which includes coaching to stretch the performance of others.
- Outstanding communication, presentation and people skills
- Is a great Coach
- Is a great influencer and is confident in communicating at all levels.
- Is confident in dealing with ambiguity
- Knowledge & experience
- Ideally would have knowledge of food retail/off-licence and have been a remote manager.
- Has experience of leading change on multiple activities that have delivered sustainable change.
- Knowledge and Awareness of EHO and licensing guidelines, legal rules and guidelines.
- Understands employment legislation.
- Experience of other business functions such as supply chain, finance, customer service etc.)
- Able to analyse data and make the appropriate decisions to improve the business
- Has experience of making proactive and reactive decisions to mitigate risk and protect the business.
Demonstrable Retail Operations leadership experience in multi-site field based teams at a scale.
Business Specific requirements:
Operating environment and context:
Challenging features of role and criticality
Travel & Other requirements:
- Field based minimum 80% of the time
- Must be able to travel including overnight stays
- Holds full driving licence
- Flexible working hours across our operational hours, 5 out of 7 days
Prepared to work key trading times including Christmas, Easter and bank holidays