Warehouse Operative - St Helens - This Area Only | Zoek UK | 0e8938
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
St Helens - This Area Only
This is a Nationwide opportunity with the RAF and you could be posted to a variety of areas around the UK and around the world on deployments
Do you have an interest in Transport & Logistics, Supply Chain or Distribution Sectors? If you are leaving full-time education, searching for a new career, no matter what your background, then the RAF could be for you. The RAF is a diverse recruiter, the all-inclusive community offers support no matter what you background whether it may be BAME, LGBT or faith networks.
Experience Needed - None! We provide some of the best on the job training at no cost to yourself, and you will always receive basic training first to get you accustomed the job. The RAF will train and develop you as an individual, also offering award-winning apprenticeships with a guaranteed job at the end.
Our Warehousing Operatives (also known as Logistics Supplier or Supply, Storage and Distribution Specialist) are responsible for the distribution, accounting, stock levels and supply chain management of a diverse range of commodities such as mechanical parts, fuels, explosives, clothing and many other materials. You will use intuitive IT stock control systems, stock level modelling software, modern storage solutions and operate various mechanical handling equipment including Forklift Trucks of various sizes and capabilities. You will be a key element within the RAF, playing a vital role in the logistical support required by the RAF to fulfil its operational and peacetime obligations, supporting new aircraft such as the fifth generation F-35.
With the RAF you could be posted to a variety of areas around the UK and around the world on deployments, from a main supply unit to a squadron on a NATO detachment or even serve with the Tactical Supply Wing and work on operations and exercises. Working as part of a team, you will learn how to support Operations in the most challenging locations across the globe whilst enjoying a host of benefits and training, many of which attract a recognised civilian qualification. You will gain many transferable skills for any future career prospects.
TRAINING YOU'LL RECEIVE
Your career will start with a 10-week Basic Recruit Training Course at RAF Halton in Buckinghamshire. The course is designed to help you adjust to a military environment. As well as fitness and military training, you'll also learn about the RAF lifestyle. As your career progresses, we will continue to train you to the highest standard and equip you with the skills you require to take on new responsibilities with opportunities for management, leadership, health and safety training and a wide range of driving qualifications.
All students will be awarded a Level 3 Diploma in Supply Control & Accounting and are offered the opportunity to enrol in the Level 2 Supply Chain Warehousing Operative Apprenticeship.
Continuing at MOD Worthy Down, you will enter the specialist trade training environment. The Logistics Basic Training course is 10 weeks long and it is here that you will be taught the necessary skills required to do your job. On leaving Logistics Basic Training you will have gained the skills and knowledge required to ensure equipment is kept in the right environment and that the stockholding IT system accurately reflects physical holdings and locations. You will be able to take customer orders and provide delivery solutions; you will have the skills to pack, document and despatch/deliver equipment to the end user in the UK and across the world.
WHAT WILL YOU DO (TYPICAL RESPONSIBILITIES)
- Deliver equipment to the operational front line.
- Use computerised accounting techniques, storage methods and equipment handling.
- Work on airfield fuel installations or in specialist storage areas.
- handling and transportation of hazardous goods,
- Work alongside our Mover colleagues to assist with loading and stowing equipment being moved by our transport aircraft.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Paid £15, 985 whilst training rising to £20,400 after training with yearly incremental increases there will be opportunities to earn up to£52,837 subject topromotions throughout your career.
- Automatic non-contributory pension scheme.
- Full on the job training.
- Free gym membership.
- Accommodation provided with heavily subsidised fees for single members and families.
- Potential options for flexible working around childcare (job role dependant).
- Opportunity to gain a range of driving licences.
- Wide range of subsidised training and education available.
- Minimum 38 days paid holiday per year.
- Opportunity to take part in adventurous training and sporting activities during work time, subsidise travel, entry fees and equipment costs.
- Sponsorship for talented personnel to compete at the highest-level sport.
- Subsidised meals with on-base catering.
- Free private healthcare and dental care.
- Member of Defence Discount Service.
- Railcard for £21 a year.
- Competitive Maternity and Paternity leave.
- Job Security: During COVID19 Pandemic we have continued to pay full salaries and have not needed to furlough any of our employees.
- Be a citizen of the United Kingdom or the Republic of Ireland, holder of a dual UK/other nationality or have been a Commonwealth citizen from birth. This is due to the rapid and effective deployability of RAF personnel to countries that apply travel restrictions to non-UK personnel.
- Be between 16 and 47 (Must attest before 48th birthday).
- No formal qualifications required but subject to an Airman Selection Test.
- Pass a Fitness test.
- Commit minimum 3 years post Phase Two Training.
- There are health and fitness requirements that must be met by all applicants.
Join our organisation and you will get much more than just a job - you'll have opportunities that no other employer can hope to match.
Fancy a challenge that will both develop and stretch you? Click 'apply now' to become one of the Royal Air Force's skilled Logistics Suppliers.