Learning Support/ Teaching Assistant - Bracknell
£57 - £65 per day
Teaching Personnel are supporting a Specialist Autism School in Bracknell with finding a teaching assistant to work full time with either primary or secondary pupils.
This school caters for children with Autism (verbal and non-verbal) and associated behaviour needs. Each pupil receives an individualistic intervention programme based on learning through rewards. Most pupils will work 1:1 with a key Teaching Assistant who will observe, track progress and record the data on charts.
As a Teaching Assistant, you'll typically need to:
- Follow instructions from Teachers in order to support effectively in the class room
- Adhere to professional practice standards and legislation, including confidentiality, safeguarding, equality, diversity and inclusion policies
- Support students on 1:1, adapting your approach on a case by case basis in order to engage students effectively
- Help children with learning and development
- Coach, mentor and motivate children to understand the benefits of relevant activities
- Interact with the children and keep them focused on day to day classroom tasks
- Experience personal or professional experience with Autism
- Special Needs Experience in a mainstream and/or SEN setting
- Resilient and comfortable managing behaviour
- Able to follow instructions
- Quick at learning and adapting to change
- Passion to work with children
If you live in Bracknell or can easily travel to the Bracknell area from surrounding regions and you feel like you are a candidate who has 1 or more of these qualities, or simply want to find out more about this exciting opportunity, please don't hesitate to give us a call.
Posted 13 days ago