Senior Engineer – Senior Software - Warwick | Zoek UK | 0e9b33
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Senior Engineer – Senior Software Engineer
Warwick, Warwickshire, England
£50000 - £85000/annum Plus benefits
Permanent (Full time)
Our client is a fast-growing company working at the cutting edge of power electronics and battery technologies. They have roots in motorsport and the automotive industry and support industries and they specialise in DC-DC converters, motor drives, battery management systems and other power electronics to support electrification within the automotive, marine, telecommunications and green industries.
They have reached the stage where leadership structure has become important to maximise the productivity and drive of the entire team so they are looking to recruit an innovative Senior Software Engineer. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will take responsibility for the technical delivery of one or more projects and ensure that the team of engineers on those projects understand their tasks and responsibilities.
You will take ownership for your own tasks and will endeavour to deal with issues using your own acumen. You will communicate closely with the Project Management team and will escalate issues when appropriate.
You will have sufficient technical knowledge and capability that you can understand new concepts and principles driven by the company’s founder and Chief Technical Officer, and drive relevant work scopes into the engineering team. You will integrate your own methods and
ideas in order to deliver the company’s technically innovations.
You will understand the fundamentals of power electronics both in terms of software and hardware and you will be driven by your belief in the importance of both for future mobility, industry and the supporting infrastructure.
Lastly, you will enjoy working as part of a close knit team where every individual’s contribution matters and where you will have the freedom to interact directly with every member of the business.
To fulfil the role you will
• write and interpret specifications and requirements
• ensure adherence to requirements documentation
• support the development of, and ensure adherence to, project plans
• write software to drive power electronics components included embedded code, APIs and user interfaces
• support simulation activities for power electronics devices
• support product documentation (user manuals, etc.)
• have experience working within ISO26262 (or equivalent) Systems Process management
• be familiar with ASIL ratings and Functional Safety
• be capable of the highest quality of communication to the Project Management team, the Engineering Manager and customers
• be comfortable working directly with customers including, from time to time, on site at their premises
• understand the importance of test, quality assurance and release processes and assure strict adherence to these at all time
• demonstrate a self-motivated approach to problem solving
You will need a degree in Electronics Engineering or equivalent and a minimum of five years’ experience of working within a similar field of embedded software design or application ideally for the control of power electronics. You will need to have coached one or more junior engineers.
Other advantageous skills
• Experience of MATLAB / Simulink / LabVIEW / MISRA C
• Experience in writing ‘apps’ for Android and iOS
• Experience of working in the automotive industry
• Knowledge of writing software for high voltages and high currents
• Experience of DFMEA
Excellent benefits package is on offer including pension scheme, flexible working times and 25 days annual leave (plus 8 statutory bank holidays).
If you would like to apply, please send a copy of your CV to Kate Evans quoting reference number GP187
We look forward to hearing from you