Mobile Plant - Glasgow City - This Area Only | Zoek UK | 0ead87
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Mobile Plant Maintenance Engineer
Glasgow City - This Area Only
£35000 - £42000/annum
Permanent (Full time)
To supply Mobile plant and Mechanical Engineering support at Emr Glasgow sites
Committed to working flexibly as you will be expected to work such hours as are required for the efficient and conscientious discharge of your duties and responsibilities.
Working hours to be agreed. Travelling and staying overnight as and when required.
Full UK driving licence.
Promoting a positive Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental culture throughout the business.
Conduct and provide guidance and support in the development of risk analysis, developing SOP’s and improvement plans.
Attend sites for proactive and reactive work within the area as required.
Pro-active during machinery maintenance and repair.
Implement Root Cause Analysis (RCA) approach to eliminate repeat issues and contribute to medium and long term plans.
Provide direction to the operational team.
Maintain critical spares levels for routine maintenance.
Troubleshoot and drive shared learnings to improve performance across Emr.
Liaise with and manage contractors to ensure correct RAMS are in place prior to work commencement and adhered to during work.
Work with suppliers to ensure the best quality, service and cost.
Keep all documentation up to date on the CMMS system.
Attend training as required to keep within legislation and up to date knowledge.
Work as part of a team to complete scheduled blade changes on shears.
Work as part of a team to complete scheduled work on balers and shears.
Assist in completion of any remedial work highlighted from AC/PPM.
Complete all PPM tasks scheduled.
Provide proactive and reactive engineering support to all EMR sites in designated region.
1. A nationally recognised mechanical / fabrication time served apprenticeship minimum level 3
2. Maintenance in a heavy engineering environment
3. H&S qualification equivalent to IOSH Managing safely
4. first principles relating to the operation and maintenance of appropriate plant and equipment
5. maintenance and operational practices, processes and procedures covering a range of plant and equipment
1. comply with industry health, safety and environmental working practices and regulations
2. locate, and rectify faults on plant and equipment
3. communicate with and provide information to stakeholders in line with personal role and responsibilities
4. read, understand and interpret information and work in compliance with technical specifications and supporting documentation
5. prepare work areas to undertake work related activities and reinstate those areas after the completion of the work related activities
6. inspect and maintain appropriate plant and equipment to meet operational requirements
7. assess and test the performance and condition of plant and equipment
8. communicate, handover and confirm that the appropriate engineering process has been completed to specification
1. Experience and in depth knowledge of various mobile plant, fault diagnosis and repair.
2. position, assemble, install and dismantle mechanical plant and equipment, which will include motors, gearboxes, shafts, to agreed specifications
3. Carry out planned, unplanned and preventative maintenance procedures on electrical plant and equipment.
4. Replace, repair and/or remove components in mechanical plant and equipment and ensure its return to operational condition.
5. diagnose and determine the cause of faults in mechanical plant and equipment