Tutor in Woking
Woking, Surrey, England
£20 - £30 per hour
Teaching Personnel works with schools and alternative providers in Woking, Surrey to support children and young people who are at significant risk of exclusion or, who are unable to attend school owing to exclusion or medical needs.
They are seeking an exceptional teacher who can work within a team and inspire children and young people to re-engage with their learning and, either successfully return to mainstream school or an alternative setting.
Many of the young people they engage with have had gaps in their learning, have lost confidence in their ability to succeed and struggle to engage. They are committed to raising achievement and closing the gap and increasing their resilience and self-confidence. This post will play an essential role in supporting this ambition.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have considerable experience and understanding of children and young people who have additional needs and difficulties that prevents positive access to their learning.
- Be an experienced teacher with proven ability to work with children and young people at different ages and stages to achieve successful outcomes.
- Be able to swiftly build positive relationships and gain the trust and confidence of the young person so that they get back on track with their learning.
- Work well within a team and be well organised and efficient.
- Be solution focused, flexible and have a good sense of humour.
If you think you are the right person for this post, then we would like to hear from you.
Posted 15 days ago