Swindon, Wiltshire, England
competitive salary plus benefits
BMI Healthcare is the UK's largest provider of independent healthcare. With a network of hospitals across the country, our aim is to attract the best nursing, theatre and allied healthcare professionals in addition to employing outstanding non-clinical and support staff who underpin everything we do. Being part of the wider BMI Healthcare group also offers the prospect for great career progression with opportunities throughout the UK.
BMI Ridgeway Hospital in Wroughton, Swindon is located within the North Wessex Downs, Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty with easily accessible transport links. We are a 45-bed hospital, a mix of main ward and day-care, with 3 operating theatres and a network of other departments supporting these areas.
Our physiotherapy department has the largest gymnasium in the BMI hospital group, an Aquatic Therapy pool, 6 individual private treatment cubicles and a Hand Therapy unit. We provide Pilates group sessions. We are a specialist centre for Women's health.
We are proud to be a warm and friendly hospital with a real family atmosphere. Being a part of The Ridgeway Hospital means that you belong to a network of 58 hospitals and clinics across the UK and Scotland. We perform more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country. As a part of this network you will have access to a number of development opportunities and will work closely with a team of experienced professionals across the business. We have a professional working relationship with our consultants who are keen to discuss patient cases, offer their time to us for our CPD requirements and business growth plans.
We have an opportunity for a Materials Assistant to join their team of staff in the Materials department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern. Must be flexible with working hours to cover the needs of the business, the normal shift hours are 8am-4pm & 9am-5pm Monday to Friday.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Minimum of GSCE/O level Mathematics and English or equivalent
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems
- Ability to use Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Excel
- Capable in using computers and computer software generally
- Warehouse or Procurement experience would be an advantage, although full training will be provided.
- Customer Service experience is preferred.
- Able to work on own initiative without close supervision
- Able to prioritise workload
- Customer service skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience of using PeopleSoft purchasing software
Duties of this role include:
- To be an active member of the Materials Department, involved in the day to day running of the department, providing an effective and high quality materials management service to all internal customers and ensuring that the overall objectives and KPIs of the Materials Department are achieved.
- To contribute to the effective management of hospital stock within the hospital, in order to facilitate an efficient supply of consumables to all departments.
- Ensure stock availability through the correct order processing and replenishing of pre-approved stock and products for central stores or on behalf of hospital departments
- Carry out departmental top ups to departments and wards on an agreed frequency as and when required
- Provide a Theatre Pick to Case Service
- Ensure that purchases orders are monitored and advanced accordingly.
- All deliveries are checked and receipted in accordance with the hospital policy, are put away or delivered to the correct department. Immediate follow up of delivery discrepancies
- Maintain all departmental paperwork and files in good order with particular reference to accuracy, appropriateness and availability
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare have committed to being a national living wage employer and offer a competitive starting salary alongside access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Private Medical Scheme
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
Posted 18 days ago