Transport Manager - Droitwich Spa | Zoek UK | 0eccf7
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Droitwich Spa, Worcestershire, England
£30000 - £35000/annum
Permanent (Full time)
Are you an experienced Transport Manager near Droitwich looking for a new opportunity?
Transport Manager to look after a fleet of HGVS, duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to: -
* Ensure the drivers understand and work within the legal regulations and act where appropriate.
* Ensure all drivers and vehicles in the fleet are operating within the law are serviced, checked and fit for purpose.
* Manage the commercial fleet and plant, keeping records up to date including monitoring and booking MOT's, servicing, repairs etc.
* Manage the day-to-day planning operation optimising and maximising fleet utilisation across multiple sites; ensuring exceptional customer service levels.
* Ensure full compliance with company fleet policies the Operator's Licence, highway code, DVSA and traffic commissioner requirements.
* All related aspects of transport Health & Safety legislation
* Monitor driver hours and timesheet completion, ensuring that all drivers are carrying out their daily checks and mileage is in line with lease agreements.
* Control of fuel cards and vehicle tracker system to ensure best value for the business.
* Procure new vehicles from approved suppliers, ensure best value based on price, service and specification.
* On-board new drivers in line with existing process, ensuring correct qualifications, training and tickets where applicable.
* Manage any poor driver behaviour.
* Investigate, report & liaise with compliance department and insurance company regarding any accidents.
* Ensure compliance with FORS
* Management of 1 Transport Coordinator
* Attend management meetings as and when required
* Ensure all costs are allocated to the correct departments
* Regularly audit fuel spend identifying any unusual trends.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £30,-£35, per year
* Monday to Friday
Specific Skills and Experience
• Transport Manager CPC
• previous experience of managing HGVs and drivers
• Powerful intent and values around the adoption and implementation of technology
• commitment and passion to implementing and effectively utilising data to make
• Excellent interpersonal and motivational skills
• Strength of character and assertiveness - stamina and drive
• Leadership and motivational skills - dynamism, energy, drive and humour
• Customer focused
• Leadership and motivation skills
• Business skills - numeracy and IT literacy
• Healthcare scheme
• Pension scheme
• 28 days holiday