Banksman - Rotherham | Zoek UK | 0ed91d
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Salary: £ per hour
Hours: 7am- Monday-Thursday and 7am- on Friday
Duration:**Temporary (potential to go permanent for the right candidate)**
The role is working for an engineering company based in Rotherham
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for directing the movement and loading/unloading of vehicles and directing the movement of mobile plant. The Banksman will also control the movements of crane and fork lift, by carefully monitoring the bucket for any obstructions and other vehicle movements and pedestrians.
- Clearly direct vehicles and mobile plant at all times ensuring they are kept separate.
- Minimise the amount of reversing where possible and be aware of the dangers caused when reversing.
- Use practical techniques and agreed system of signalling and hand signals to assist drivers and operatives in all manoeuvres.
- Be visible to drivers at all times whilst directing vehicles and plant
- Stand in a safe position, from which to guide all vehicles without being in the way.
- Keep traffic areas free of pedestrians.
- Be fully compliant with PPE requirements of the site
- Communicate clearly and effectively
- Report any near miss incidents involving vehicle movements in the yard to the Departmental Manager and Shift Supervisors and complete associated paperwork.
- Comply with all Health, Safety, HR and Environmental policies and procedures
- The above list is not exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Previous experience working in a manual job would be beneficial but not essential
Physically fit and strong
Ability to work in a fast paced, demanding environment
Reliable, trustworthy and a willingness to work
Crane Driving experience essential
Glu Recruit are an equal opportunities employer