Graduate Teaching Assistant - Future Teachers Programme.
£110 - £180 per day + CPD Training
Teaching Personnel are currently recruiting graduates ahead of September 2019 who are considering a career in secondary teaching in the future.
Our future teachers programme allows you not only to secure employment as a teaching assistant following the completion of your degree, but it is a clear and concise pathway onto a school based initial teacher training programme. This programme allows you to gain the necessary experience required to be confident and successful when you do decide to begin your teacher training.
This programme involves working as a teaching assistant on a 12 month basis (from September 2019) within our client schools located across the Teesside area, prior to beginning a teacher training programme in September 2020.
** Applicants must hold a degree or be in the process of completing your degree (final year) and be looking to pursue a career in education **
- Full time Graduate teaching assistant role for 12 months - Followed by introduction to a SCITT programme at a training school.
- Places available across the whole of the Teesside area including Middlesbrough, Hartlepool and Darlington.
- Opportunities for all graduates pursuing a career in Secondary Education
- Paid up to £1000 a month for the first 12 months whilst gaining essential and invaluable experience as a teaching assistant
Throughout the Future Teachers placement you will initially work as a teaching assistant whereby you will work on-site and support pupils in a range of areas and subjects. This will be a full time role where you will undertake a variety of tasks and activities that will give you an understanding of the role of a teacher. A significant proportion of these tasks and activities will also benefit your subject knowledge as you will focus on raising pupil attainment, supporting special needs pupils, covering classes, assisting with planning, preparing lessons and developing schemes of work.
Responsibilities within the graduate teaching assistant role include providing;
- Cover Supervisor work where you will experience covering lessons and classroom management.
- One to one specific tuition/interventions where you will utilise your subject knowledge to raise pupil attainment of identified pupils.
- SEN support where you can work alongside pupils with Special Educational Needs.
- Assistance with planning and preparation of lessons alongside teachers to upskill you in this area.
If you are interested in being considered for this role or to find out about any other opportunities we may have please get in touch with Kayla on######### or via email at
Posted 13 days ago