West Midlands, England
£35k - 38k per year + Bonus, Car, Phone, Expenses, Pension
An excellent and rare opportunity has arisen for an Applications Engineer, working for a renowned CNC machine tool specialist, who supply CNC controlled Lathes, Turning Centres, Machining Centres and Horizontal Borers throughout the UK and Ireland. Established for well over three decades, the company is about more than simply supplying machines, they exist to provide tailored solutions to all machining problems.
Provide a high standard of technical support to the sales team in terms of machine demonstrations, machine setting and programming to meet customer's requirements & component cycle time calculation, formal and hands on training.
Carry out machine demonstrations for customers.
- Prepare and prove machining methods and programs designed to provide solutions to customers' manufacturing problems
- Calculate accurate and realistically attainable cycle time estimates as required by the sales engineers
- Visit customers to deal with issues relating to the proper operation of installed machines
- Provide customers with telephone advice and support in all matters relating to the successful operation of their machines
- Conduct training sessions on machine applications and operations for groups of customers
- Be involved in the development of training courses for new machines
Skills & Experience:
- Ideally c2 years' experience applications experience with CNC controlled machinery, Ideally field based
- Experience of Siemens CNC Controls
- Strong engineering background with appropriate educational qualifications and training
- Strong communication skills.
- A can-do attitude with a positive pro-active approach to provide customers with an excellent service.
- Able to work on own and as a team member.
This is a field based role ideally living within the West Midlands area, you can expect to be away from home Monday - Friday most weeks.
In return the successful Applications Engineer can expect a starting salary up to £38k Basic, based on candidates experience, company car, highly competitive bonus, pension, plus an ongoing and in-depth training regime.
applicationsengineerjobs #applicationsengineerjobsnearme #jobsnearme #jobsinmyarea #automation #jobs4automation
Looking for a job involved with maintenance, service or design for automated machinery, control systems, process control solutions or systems integration projects? Register your details on our website where you will find a full list of live positions where a customised automated search process allows immediate access to new vacancies as they are registered. Free, confidential service.
All respondents to this position must be eligible to live and work in the UK - Automation Experts are unable to assist with the award of Visas or UK Work Permits.
As a registered engineer, you are automatically a member of our 'Referral Scheme' thereby receiving £500.00 (tax free) for Engineers that you recommend to us that we place in permanent employment.
Automation Experts offer recruitment services on a contract and permanent basis; We support many of the leading companies throughout the UK.
Thank you for your interest, if your experience is suitable for this position, please call the advising Consultant ASAP. NB. We cannot guarantee a response to every application.
Posted 8 days ago