FTSE 100 Finance Advisor (Role for ACA candidates in practice)
£50000 - £60000 per annum + London allowance, 20% bonus, 15% pension
A FTSE 100 Energy business are now seeking the addition of a strong Chartered Accounting who is looking to make their first move from the Big 4 in a role that is not month end focused.
This is a varied role in the Controllers team which sits at the heart of Finance and performs an important role in linking the policies, standards, processes and systems together. It takes care of FinanceintheBusiness, Finance Operation and our Finance Functional areas. It also looks after controls and financeinthebusiness services to the Parent, Holdings and Treasury, and the Pension & Insurance Companies of the Group.
This a rare and varied role in a major FTSE 100 player in the Heart of Central London.
What will you do?
Youll be part of team recognised for its excellence in financial reporting and for giving the best financial insight. A team thats known for its accounting advice and oversight, and for providing innovative outcomes. You will have the opportunity to get involved in lots of different projects.
Here are some of the key things youll be responsible for:
- Youll work closely with the Group treasury, tax and legal functions to help make sure company assets are managed and hedged, and that dividends are arranged in line with treasury policy.
- Giving accounting advice and guidance to project teams on a variety of transactions. Youll check that all items are reported and understood and youll also provide advice and insight to a number of key internal partners
- Youll make sure the right processes are in place to support the quarterly Group reporting and annual statutory reporting processes
- Youll also build great relationships with finance operations teams in our shared business service centres to build close working relations and promote continuous improvement
- Building ongoing process improvements so you can focus more time on the key areas where you can add the most value
- Looking after ad hoc projects that will be inside and outside of your areas of expertise
- Youll use your creativity and interpersonal skills to develop the most effective solutions to accounting/reporting issues.
You will be a qualified accountant (ACA or equivalent).
As well as having IFRS or similar technical accounting expertise, you will have the ability to generate innovative solutions to varied and unique accounting issues and effectively communicate advice
- Use your finance experience to help take the lead on making sure individual entity and group needs are met
- Understand accounting issues as well as the wider implications of transactions and corporate structures
- Be a great advocate of continuous improvement, personal ownership, and developing yourself professionally
- Be confident and self motivated with great interpersonal communication skills. Youll enjoy using these skills at all levels of seniority
- Enjoy contributing to and participating in the team and will enjoy being involved with lots of interesting projects
- Be able to talk about your experiences analysing complex issues and in evaluating possible solutions
- Like to balance shifting priorities and workloads so that deadlines are always met
Our client is committed to investing in the development of your career and give people with your skills a platform from which you can deliver and really excel and they offer staff the chance to rotate roles every 23 years.
Posted 19 days ago