Floating Support Worker - Bridgend
Bridgend, Bridgend , Wales
£19,938.00 per year
Unspecified (Full time)
*Do you have a passion for supporting people? **Are you energetic, motivated and compassionate? We are looking for a Floating Support Worker to join our Team in Bridgend. *
*What’s Great About the Role?*
Our Bridgend Local Support service is a drop-in base for anyone who needs immediate support around Housing, debt and homelessness prevention.
Our floating support team provide housing related support to assist in the prevention of homelessness*.* We offer support with budgeting, rent arrears, accessing grants, support to access future housing and help to set up their tenancy. We also support clients to sustain their current tenancy. We encourage the clients to deal with issues that may threaten their progression, especially with matters regarding behaviour, substance misuse, health and wellbeing, budgeting skills, benefits, life skills and household management.
Pobl means ‘People’ and people really are at the heart of everything we do. We support some truly amazing people to live positive, independent lives and help get them where they want to be in life. As a Pobl Difference Maker you really are part of something special where you and your opinions matter. We have a culture built on our values to be Positive, Considerate and Connected.
*Key Information *
· This is a full time (37 hours), temporary role.
· The role is *temporary for 7 months. *
· The salary for this role is £19,938 per annum
· It is essential for the successful candidate to have a full drivers licence and access to a vehicle.
· Full flexibility is required to meet the needs of the people we support.
· An enhanced DBS check is required for the role, we will pay for this check.
*Daily Duties *
As a Floating Support Worker, you will inspire, challenge and enable people to lead successful and independent lives. You will work flexibly as part of a team to develop, implement and review support plans based on individual needs, preferences and aspirations
· Offering appropriate levels of support in a sensitive manner, taking into account the emotional and intellectual needs of the client, respecting their choice and privacy.
* Liaise with external agencies, . DWP, Social Services, Health Services, Probation, substance misuse and mental health services.
* Carry out all necessary administrative tasks in relation to the job; ensuring all client file notes, support plans and risk assessments are kept up-to-date.
* Attend Team meetings and training courses as required.
To be a great Support Worker, you need energy, enthusiasm, integrity and to treat people with dignity and respect.
You need to be reliable because people are depending on you. You also need to be a great communicator, both verbally and in writing and have basic IT and numerical skills.
To be a great Support Worker, you don’t always need previous experience or qualifications. A good understanding of housing related support and welfare benefits, or awareness of issues faced by people at risk of homelessness would be useful in the role.
In Pobl, people really are at the heart of everything we do and there are endless opportunities for training and career development and progression. We provide all training required to successfully deliver the role and you will be surrounded by a fully experienced and supportive team and manager.
We also are passionate about developing our employees and have a management secondment programme for individuals looking to progress.
We also care about our employee’s wellbeing and offer a Time for Talking service where counselling and psychological wellbeing support 24/7, 365 days a year is available to you should you need it.
Other benefits include:
· 25 days holiday.
· Excellent Pension options.
* Mileage paid at 40p per mile’
* Pobl Wellbeing Team
* Pobl savings scheme
* Access to over 200 courses via our learning portal
To begin your Pobl journey click ‘Apply Now
Pobl is an organisation with equality, diversity and inclusion at its heart, and we are pleased to have recently been accredited with Stage 2 Investors in Diversity. We welcome applications from all areas of the community, however we particularly encourage applications from members of the BAME community as well as individuals with disabilities, who are currently under-represented within our workforce.
Pobl are required by law to check a candidate’s eligibility to work in the UK. The successful candidate will be expected to provide their documentation to us in person at our offices prior to the start of their employment with Pobl. A socially distant appointment system and COVID safe environment will be in place and in line with the Welsh government guidance.
Reference ID: 506218
Contract length: 7 months
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Salary: £19, per year
* Casual dress
* Company pension
* Flexible schedule
* Sick pay
* 10 hour shift
* 12 hour shift
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Monday to Friday