Cargo Operations Agent
£20000.00 - £22000.00 per annum
- To provide good support to the cargo traffic staff, this will include; Imports & Export document handling, Cargo spot data processing. Dealing with agent enquiries, following processes for damaged cargo, dangerous goods acceptance (after training)
- Complying with JALs cargo acceptance procedures which involve good communication to our customers and authorities (HMC) (DFT) etc., when required.
- Working as a team player with the business, and show flexibility when required to meet all aspect of flight operations.
- Working to deadlines and following set procedures in all aspects of preparing flights to enable safe operation. (weight management & dangerous goods compliance including segregation)
- Working with JALs new CSP in house IT systems to ensure smooth handling and give quick responsive action.
- Accurate reporting for statistics purpose and account documents and communication between shifts for flight handover.
- Work with our GHA to ensure procedures are followed, SLA are met with confident decision making, coupled with regular communication to enable all parties to follow JALs high level of expectation
- Assist and manage JALs ULD system including monthly stock control and ULD rotation.
- Eventually to be trained to check acceptance of documents and freight for dangerous goods. Training level is to obtain a Category 6.
- Learn the key processes (Flight arrival handling and document distribution) of Import & Export Cargo management
The jobholder may be required, from time to time, to carry out other duties provided, which are within the general level of responsibility of the duties set out above and within the abilities of the jobholder.
Experience & Knowledge:
Prior Cargo Operations experience preferred
All candidates must be able to obtain an airside security pass which includes DBS clearance to obtain an Airside Pass
Current full driving licence
Good level of English language
Able to understand and follow manuals when required. Training on an OJT basis is applied
Reasonable levels of computer skills.
Excellent communication skills both written and spoken
Able to demonstrate a flexible attitude towards work
Business skills & Behaviour:
Excellent communication skill in all areas
Able to work under pressure
Maintain focus on all aspects of work.
Looks to improve efficiency and quality of service
Tate is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Posted 31 days ago