Facilities Project Manager
- Up to £35K
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays 35 hours per week
- Industry leading pension
Facilities Project Manager
Up to £35K
25 days holiday + bank holidays
35 hours per week
Industry leading pension
To coordinate the day-to-day management of small-to-medium Fabric and M&E projects (capital plant replacement / office refurbishment / internal moves etc.) within the Facilities Team. Taking projects from inception through to completion – Including liaising with internal stakeholders, generation of project specifications and contract documentation, oversight of tender process, monitor and inspect construction work, record progress, carry out handover procedures, and ensure compliance with contract documents, construction regulations and best practice
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Support the Facilities Manager in successful project delivery.
- To coordinate, supervise and deliver Facilities projects from inception through to completion.
- Day-to-day management of multiple projects on live / operational sites.
- Establish and communicate project feasibility, timescale and budget information.
- Establish design brief / project specifications / scope of works.
- Request, collate and distribute all contractual documentation required.
- Assisting the delivery of projects with the framework of risk, sustainability and environmental considerations agreed at the business case/ project brief stage, while maintaining focus on time, cost and quality
- Assist with selection, management and administration of appropriate building contracts (JCT / NEC etc.).
- Administration and oversight of project tender and contractor selection process.
- Administration and oversight of CDM Regulations, Planning and Building Regulations - and related compliance requirements.
- Liaising with external stakeholders including, engineers, consultants, suppliers and contractors.
- Coordinate meetings with MBA internal stakeholders, design team, consultants and subcontractors.
- Maintain and issue weekly progress reports for all projects.
Solid understanding of construction technology, M&E building services and new techniques
Applicants will have 3-5 years’ experience in an Assistant Construction / Building Services Project Management position.
Good understanding and working knowledge of the JCT / NEC forms of Contract
Good understanding and working knowledge of relevant legislation and statutory requirements including CDM Regulations, Asbestos Regulations, and Planning and Building Regulations and related compliance in Construction Project Management, Building Services or related subject.
Working towards (at appropriate level) MRICS / MCIOB / MCIBSE / /MAPM or equivalent verifiable work based experience and training
Security Clearance (to MoD Secret Level) is a critical requirement of this role therefore applicants will need to have a British Passport or residency (5+ years) to be considered for this role. Current or previous Security Clearance (to MoD Secret Level) will be an advantage.
We will endeavor to respond to all applicants, but if you do not receive a response within 5 working days, please consider yourself unsuccessful on this application.
Syntech Recruitment Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this position.
Posted 12 days ago