Learning Disabilities Registered Manager
Blackburn, Lancashire, England
£34.5k per year
Registered Manager - Learning Disabilities
We are looking to hire a Registered Manager for our 5 bedded Ofsted registered children's home. This is for age 0-18yrs for children with Learning/ physical disabilities, including autism and associated conditions and/or complex care needs. The home currently houses 3 children and employs 16 RSW's and 2 Senior RSW's.
- To manage the home according to the requirements of the children's Act 1989, National Minimum Standards and Children's Home Regulations.
- To manage home on a day to day basis with the organisational policies and procedures incorporating the inspecting authorities standards of requirements.
- To safeguard and promote the physical and emotional welfare of each childcare and assessment.
- To promote the educational welfare of each child within the home.
- To maintain high standards of childcare and assessments
- To participate in promoting the marketing standards of the home.
- To manage the assessment process of the home.
The above duties and responsibilities do not include or define all tasks that may be required by the post holder. The duties and responsibilities may vary without changing the general character of the duties or level of responsibility.
- Clean Drivers Licence, No convictions on DBS.
- At least 2 years' experience as a registered manager within the last 5 years (Children services)
- Knowledge of OFSTED regulations, childcare legislation's and children's homes regulations.
- Experience of managing a large residential home.
- Previous and relevant experience of working with young people with challenging behaviour, emotional/social issues and learning difficulties.
- Level 3 Diploma (QCF) for the Children and Young People's Workforce or E Certification equivalent
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care Services (Children D Certification and Young People's Residential Management) or equivalent
Posted 42 days ago