Part Time Finance Director - Wolverhampton | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Part Time Finance Director
Up to £60000 per annum + car allowance, pension, other benefits
Permanent (Part time)
Are you looking for a part-time Finance Director role with a progressive organisation? If so, my client is excited to announce a rare part-time Finance Director opportunity to recruit an exceptional individual as the business is in its next phase of growth trajectory, with already a strong base and year on year growth.
The role of the Finance Director is pivotal and integral to the business's future. As a member of the Senior Leadership Team reporting to the Chief Executive, the Finance Director will be instrumental in developing the business's financial strategy. You will lead a small finance team to ensure that financial reporting adequately measures performance against the strategy. Together with being involved and aid decision-making, satisfy governance needs, meeting the requirements of external stakeholders, and ensure that internal control is robust and risks are identified and mitigated.
The organisation is looking for an individual who can demonstrate they can work with the CEO and other internal and external stakeholders, embracing a Finance Director's duties and taking on a strategic and operational role to support the business's future growth strategy.
Duties of the Finance Director
- Formation of Financial Strategy Lead in the development of a financial strategy, supported by budgets and forecasts and analysis;
- Operational improvements Guide relevant short and medium-term operational projects and continuous improvement projects;
- Funding Support the Chief Executive in securing new funding streams, including reviewing funding contracts and due diligence and provide support with the on boarding of funds;
- External Stakeholder Management Manage the relationship with bankers and auditors , ensuring the annual audit process runs smoothly and lead on compliance with all other external audits. Together with overseeing the completion returns to FCA, HMRC and Membership organisations;
- Financial Management And Reporting Lead and develop the finance team to ensure timely monthly performance report to the Board and adequately measures performance against the strategy and aids decision making;
- Budgeting/Forecasting Oversee the preparation of strategic plan, budgets and forecasts. Ensure appropriate budgetary controls are in place and monitor costs against budget;
- Risk management As part of the SLT plays an active role in identifying new potential risks. Ensure robust systems and controls are throughout the organisation and ensure risks are mitigated.
- Governance Take the lead role in the Finance, Audit and Risk Committee meetings and play a pivotal role at Board and Strategy Committee meetings;
- Leadership Lead, coach, and mentor the finance team, instilling a culture of continuous improvement. Oversee any required recruitment within the Finance Team;
- Other Be an ambassador for the business and network, connect with the local business community, and develop and promote the values of the organisation.
Ideal Candidate will have:
- Relevant accountancy qualification CIMA, ACCA, ACA;
- Previously operated at an FD or FC who have led a team in a growing business;
- Operated at a strategic level with Board level reporting and liaison;
- Worked on budgets and forecasts and budgetary controls;
- Delivered operational efficiencies and of the mind-set of continuous improvements;
- Strong IT skills and financial modelling would be an advantage;
- Strong customer focus;
- Coaching/mentoring and values-based approach to leadership;
- Adaptable and able to deliver at pace when necessary;
- Works collaboratively and with a partnership approach both internally and externally;
- Exhibit strong interpersonal and relationship building abilities.
What's on Offer
- Remuneration: £60,000 per annum + £6,000 car allowance (Note remuneration will be prorated)
- Hours: Up to 30 hours
- Benefits: 10% matched pension
- 4 x life cover
- £250 personal development allowance
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Hybrid working
- 28 days holiday (FTE) with additional days added for birthday and long service
It's an exciting time to join a growing and reputable organisation as it goes through its next phase of growth trajectory. I welcome expressions of interest from individuals who would like to apply for the part-time Finance Director position. Please forward your CV to be considered for the role.