Specialist Nurse - Oncology
Great Missenden, Buckinghamshire, England
competitive salary plus benefits
Permanent (Full time)
Specialist Nurse - Oncology - £34,000 per annum
BMI Chiltern Hospital in Great Missenden is located in the heart on Buckinghamshire, with their beautiful grounds and characteristic building it's a fantastic place to work.
Being a part of BMI Healthcare, means that you work for an organisation who are Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of 58 hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country. So whatever your role - you can expect variety, challenges, job satisfaction and a professional team who will always support you.
Being part of such a large network means that scope for progression and development is at your fingertips, with all our training conducted in-house at the BMI Academy.
As our hospital grows so do our staff, we are now seeking an experienced Oncology Nurse to join our friendly team here, it is essential that you have worked in a similar role.
The role on offer is a full time post and there is a flexible shift pattern in place, but we will consider a part time opportunity for the right person. Please note this is a Monday-Friday day unit only.
We are a close knit team and work well together to maintain an exceptional service to all our patients, putting care at the forefront of what we do. Come and join us and be a part of something special.
Ideally applicants should meet the following criteria, but remember we have plenty of opportunities for you to learn and grow with us
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Nurse Level 1 / Diploma / BSc in Nursing.
- Must have a Chemotherapy Course and experience working in Oncology.
- Valid NMC Registration.
- Excellent clinical applied knowledge which is evidenced based and takes account of national best practice standards.
- Basic workload / shift management skills.
- Mentorship Qualification (ENB 998 or equivalent) would be an advantage.
- Up-to-date knowledge in area of practice.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Venepuncture, cannulation skills will be an advantage.
Duties of this role include:
- Promoting and maintaining high professional standard of nursing; meeting the needs of patients in all aspects.
- To ensure all patients attending the hospitals receive high quality care.
- To deal with any verbal or written complaints in a timely manner.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Staff Pension Scheme
- Free Parking
- Gym Membership Discounts
- 25 days holiday per annum
For Further information please contact Stephanie Leleu at ######### or#########
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
Interviews will take place within 10 working days of the closing date.
Posted 20 days ago