Quantity Surveyors - Leeds ICD | Zoek UK | 100df127e2084b24ad02a7b09c3b822d
Quantity Surveyors - Various Levels
Leeds ICD, Leeds, England
Permanent (Full time)
About the opportunity:
Major Programmes & Projects Group provides outcome certainty to the most complex programmes and projects through collaborative, innovative and tailored solutions. We deliver some of the largest programmes across the UK and Europe providing programme, construction and commercial management.
The Quantity Surveying function supports our major programme and project delivery, as well as a range of government, local authority and private clients across all construction industry sectors including education, justice, defence, rail, highways, aviation, utilities, residential and commercial. We provide clients with a full range of pre and post contract quantity surveying and commercial management services.
We have opportunities for quantity surveyors and commercial managers at various levels to join our teams in a number of locations, both office-based and also to work on major programmes or projects throughout the UK.
Candidates will need to be able to demonstrate a high aptitude in service delivery. They should be client-facing and demonstrate excellent technical qualities. The roles will provide the opportunity to work within a variety of sectors and will involve both pre- and post-contract quantity surveying and commercial management duties.
- Degree educated in quantity surveying or other relevant qualification.
- Professional qualification: preferable if Chartered Quantity Surveyor (MRICS or equivalent) or working towards this.
- Working knowledge of common industry standard forms of contract, typically JCT and NEC.
- Full pre- and post-contract QS knowledge and experience.
- Good general commercial and contract awareness.
- Use of computerised measurement packages - such as CostX.
- Good team player.
- Able to act on own initiative.
- Willingness to travel.
- Full clean UK driving licence.
Ideally, here's what you'll also have:
- Consultancy Experience
- Experience across public facilities (including refurbishment) and infrastructure projects, particularly rail and highways, would be desirable but not essential.
- Experience of working within security restricted environments would also be desirable, but not essential.
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We're invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we're more connected, and if we are diverse, we're more creative.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.