R2R Accountant - Cheshire West and Chester - This Area Only | Zoek UK | 101ad3b40e7d47b9bd8460fdfc237e56
- Cheshire West and Chester - This Area Only
£45000.00 - £50000.00 PerAnnum
Permanent (Full time)
Management Accountant Runcorn 6 month FTC 45K-50K R2R Management Accountant required to join this well established organisation.
Are you the right candidate for this opportunity? Make sure to read the full description below.
The R2R Management Accountant will be responsible for the preparation of monthly management reporting for one or more legal entities.
The R2R Management Accountant will include direct line managing a small team of Assistant Accountants and supporting them day to day and providing clear objectives to deliver a high standard of service in accordance with agreed SLAs.
The R2R Management Accountant will ensure that accurate, and technically robust, management reporting is produced in line with timescales.
Duties and Responsibilities of the R2R Management Accountant;
- Calculate and post relevant journals to ensure the accounts are reflective of underlying financial performance
- Support the development of continuous improvement initiatives with the R2R Finance team
- Develop subject expertise by working with the businesses, enabling R2R Finance to accurately reflect the nature of commercial and operating agreements in the accounts
- Assist the Senior Accountant in planning and delivering the month end close process, ensuring the ledgers are all closed to strict deadlines.
- Provide support in reviewing journal postings and reports produced by R2R Assistant Accountants
- Monthly reporting of any P&L
- Ensure all balance sheet reconciliations are completed accurately in line with published finance timetables
- Production of full P&L, B/S and Capex Reporting for specific legal entities and BU's including variance analysis and supporting commentary
- Respond to any ad-hoc stakeholder requests to support decision making
- Ensure all accounts preparation supporting documentation and evidence of controls review is available to support timely completion of statutory audits for legal entities you are accountable for
- End to end ownership of legal entity P&L and B/S reporting
- Ensure all accounts preparation supporting documentation and evidence of controls review is documented and saved each period
- Provide decision making support and guidance to the Assistant Accountants throughout the month end process to help them develop the necessary skills to become independent in their role
- Make recommendations to support improving, standardising and automating processes within the team internal and external customers
- Lead the completion of process documentation and work instructions for your designated area Knowledge & Experience;
- Significant experience of working as an R2R /Management Accountant in a similar environment.
- Experience of managing a team
- Experience of profit and loss and balance sheet reporting including end to end process
- Experience of management reporting with meaningful commentary and variance analysis
- Knowledge of best practice processes and expert understanding of key accounting standards
- Significant experience of Oracle or similar ERP systems, advanced Excel Skills & Qualifications
- The ideal candidate will be Qualified CIMA, ACCA, ACA or equivalent
- Effective written and verbal communication and organisational skills
- Able to liaise effectively with all staff
- Able to devise and oversee work programmes to ensure delivery of objectives to tight deadlines while maintaining quality and effectiveness
- Good understanding of accounting principles
- Excellent problem-solving and data analysis skills
- Excellent IT skills, particularly in the use of financial information systems and spreadsheets, including ability to understand and manipulate complex spreadsheet models
- Able to lead by example motivate staff and delegate tasks and responsibilities effectively.
- On-site parking
- Excellent career progression /advancement opportunities
- Pension scheme If you are interested in being considered or would like to know more about the role please click Apply Now with the latest copy of your CV.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age
Posted 1 days ago