Actuarial Associate Consultant - Manchester | Zoek UK | 10234afd228a40718183760d16594579
Actuarial Associate Consultant
Manchester, Greater Manchester, England
Permanent (Full time)
Actuarial Associate Consultant (Manchester)
We are looking for part-qualified and qualified pensions actuaries to join our expanding Retirement Solutions team in Manchester.
The role requires you to provide exceptional client service, either directly to Aon's clients or in support of senior team members. The role also requires a strong mathematical background and the ability to explain technical solutions in a clear way.
Aon will help you become an expert in the industry by offering you rotations through our Corporate and Trustee consulting groups, as well as the chance to work day-to-day with specialist teams. These include our market-leading Risk Settlement Group and Member Options consultants, as well as market-leading Investment, Delegated Consulting & DC teams.
In addition, we will provide you with comprehensive study support, a structured training and development programme, lots of wellbeing and work-life balance support and the technology that you require to succeed.
We're also happy to talk flexible working - i f you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies, including part-time opportunities, and we're happy to discuss options with you upon application.
The majority of Aon colleagues are currently working from home and over 2020 we have developed a completely virtual onboarding programme that will allow you to get started and integrated without needing to travel to an Aon office.
About the Role
- Take ownership of the delegation and production of actuarial work for nominated Trustee and Corporate clients in your portfolio. This includes technical calculations, drafting advice papers, setting and negotiating budgets and delivering advice directly to our clients.
- Participate in client meetings and calls, either leading them or supporting the Scheme Actuary or Client Manager. Use this to build strong relationships externally with our clients and third parties, and internally with your colleagues.
- Take on responsibility for developing colleagues on our Early Careers programmes.
- Identify and implement service improvements where appropriate, and ensure appropriate legislative, regulatory, business and professional standards are followed.
- Part-qualified making good progress through exams or a qualified Actuary,
- Relevant pensions experience and industry knowledge.
- A 2:1 or above degree in a numerate or semi-numerate subject.
- Ability to deliver effective client service to multiple clients and a track record in relationship management.
We offer you
- A competitive total rewards package
- Comprehensive study support for professional exams
- Formal education & training and the potential to advance within a growing worldwide organisation.
- Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective, job-related criteria.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.