Attachment Disorder TA - Sheffield | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Attachment Disorder TA
£65 - £75 per day
Teaching Assistant - Attachment Disorder - Primary School
Looking for your next challenge in SEND?
Prospero Teaching are currently recruiting for a 1-1 TA for a KS1 child with attachment disorder in a primary school in central Sheffield. The role is full time, five days a week and the hours are 8:30-3:30pm to start at the beginning of September for the whole term.
The child is in Y1 and you will be supporting them with their studies and behaviours. They exhibit very challenging behaviour and you will need to be highly skilled at recognising triggers and de-escalating situations.
Previous experience working with children with attachment disorders or with SEMH and challenging behaviours would be advantageous.
The school is a mainstream primary and there is excellent potential for progression in this school, with many staff being taken onto permanent contracts after a short period of supply work. The school has a strong team of permanent staff who can support agency supply.
There is a strong focus on pastoral care and the children's mental health is important to the school. You must have effective classroom management skills to be considered for this role. Those with Team Teach training would be at an advantage. If you are a caring, friendly and patient individual then this could be just the kind of role you're looking for.
You must have a calm nature and this role will suit someone who thrives on working with young people with challenging behaviour while being a positive role model. If you're looking for a supply agency that offers work in special schools and/or alternative provisions then Prospero is the recruitment agency for you.
SEN TA Experience,
Training and Qualifications
- It is essential that you have SEN Teaching assistant experience, team teach training would be desirable.
- Up-to-date Safeguarding training is imperative; you can undertake a free course with Prospero Teaching if you have not completed a Safeguarding course in the last 12 months.
- Strong behaviour management skills are a must.
To be eligible for any teaching job with Prospero Teaching, you must
- Hold the Right to Work in the UK.
- Possess an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application.
- Provide two professional child related references.
If you are an SEN Teaching Assistant and would like to be considered for this teaching job, please call us on######### Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy. Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful SEN Supply Teaching Assistant
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
If you would like to earn a £150 bonus and know someone who would be interested in this or other teaching jobs check out our Refer a Friend scheme