Data Analyst - Westminster | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Data Analyst - Private Equity Investments
Westminster, Greater London, England
£50000 - £65000/annum Good Benefits & 6 Weeks Leave
Permanent (Full time)
As a Data Analyst in the Data Management team you will play an important role in mapping and optimising dataflows and processes across the business to ensure the most effective use of systems and harvesting of data. Delivering intelligence from data to enable process owners to be more efficient and effective, and maintaining data quality in order to maintain “golden source” status.
This role requires a hands-on Data Specialist with practical experience of entering, ordering, manipulating and reporting complex data regarding financial instruments. The role will develop deep understanding of the business operations in order to have a grasp of how data can be used to answer questions that might not have been fully articulated by the business and so to give new insights.
You will act as a data integrator, consolidating data in two main platforms (Framework and eFront) with standalone Excel data such that an interim “virtual” warehouse exists.
The role will support the Data Manager in mapping data flows in the business and determining how data are best harvested. You will construct reports, build models and innovate ways to visualise data in order to create intelligence.
* To enter, process and undertake operations on often complex data
* To ensure data are maintained in accordance with the data dictionary
* To write and produce standard and bespoke reports as required by the business pulling together disparate data sources as necessary in order to create one integrated source of truth
* To initiate and produce new data visualisations and reports to give the business insight and intelligence
* To write/manage operations performed within the database and ensure their output is held within the database in accordance with the data dictionary
* To run audit and hygiene routines to maintain the quality of data
Background, skills, aptitude
* Deep expertise in and love of data
* Suitable experience in handling financial data gained either working for an Investment Management OR Asset Management OR Private Equity / Venture Capital firm
* Modelling and data manipulation skill
Essential skills include:
* Deep experience of SQL / Python, Business Objects and Power BI
* Experience of working with data on platforms such as eFront or an equivalent portfolio management system . Investran
* Experience of consolidating and organising data-sets across platforms and presenting a virtual single-source of truth to business users.
* Ability to see patterns across disparate and badly organised data-sets and convert complexity into simplicity
* The ability to work in a team, respectful of lines of command but able to work without close management
* Strong written and verbal communication
This role is currently offered on a WFH basis however there is a planned phased return to the office and you should therefore be willing and able to attend site as appropriate