Room Leader - Beckenham | Zoek UK | 1033de7130094664924f6200631fcfd2
- Beckenham, Greater London, England
£21000.00 - £27000.00 PerAnnum
Permanent (Full time)
Job Description We are currently recruiting for a passionate Room Leader to join our wonderful New Beckenham Day Nursery and Preschool.
Apply promptly! A high volume of applicants is expected for the role as detailed below, don’t wait to send your CV.
Our nursery is situated within the HSBC Sports and Social Club in Beckenham.
Our nursery is proudly rated Ofsted ‘Good’ and is situated within the former cricket pavilion which has been purposely renovated to create a safe, cosy and fully resources environment for our children! This stunning location means our children can have full and supervised use of the cricket pitch in partnership with our own large outdoor area! As a Room Leader working with us, you can expect a competitive salary from £21,000
- £27,000 per annum, excellent training and development as well as a caring and passionate place to work.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consistently deliver and plan rich learning opportunities and exceptional care that helps all children to develop and meets their individual needs
- Make accurate and effective assessments which reflect the needs, interests and stages of development of the child by effective delivery of the key person approach
- Ensuring an enabling environment is providing consistent stimulating and inspiring activities for the children in both the indoor and outdoor area as a continuous provision
- Lead, mentor and inspire a team to deliver exceptional care and education and provide feedback to create a consistent approach of early years practice to include but not limited to regular 1:1’s, Supervisions and appraisals
- Ensure that British Values are incorporated and demonstrated through Early Years Foundation Stage learning and play
- Safeguard and promote the health, safety and welfare of children in line with our child protection and keeping everyone safe policies and procedures
- Ensure internal policies and procedures are adhered whilst also meeting the external legislation and guidelines from our governing bodies
- Promote and follow guidelines implemented for managing behaviour including supporting children to manage their own feelings and behaviours
- Continually work in partnership with colleagues, parents and/or carers or other professionals to meet the individual needs of the children ensuring a diverse and inclusive approach is maintained at all times
- Promote the nursery to current parents and potential customers to support the retention and ongoing occupancy growth
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication at all levels
- Attend staff meetings and training sessions for continuous professional development
- Demonstrate the HEART principles in everyday working life
- Working as part of a larger team to ensure all essential day to day tasks are completed in line with the nursery demands ie.
Hygiene standards and room preparation
- To provide support for your colleagues within the nursery and the broader business EXPERIENCE (ESSENTIAL):
- Post qualified experience of working within the Early Years sector
- Previous experience of working as a key person EXPERIENCE (DESIRABLE):
- Specific experience of working with 0-2 year age range
- Team Leader experience
- Experience of working and supporting children and families with additional needs KNOWLEDGE (ESSENTIAL):
- Sound understanding of the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Knowledge and understanding of Safeguarding and Child Protection
- Knowledge and understanding of wider legislative requirements for working with children KNOWLEDGE (DESIRABLE):
- Coaching and mentoring experience SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES (ESSENTIAL):
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable and embrace new ways of doing things
- Child Protection SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES (DESIRABLE): Genuine desire and passion for ongoing learning and development Ability to identify issues prior to escalation QUALIFICATIONS (ESSENTIAL):
- Full and relevant Level 3 and or above(equivalent) Childcare qualification
- Current Paediatric First Aid QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRABLE):
- Level 2 (or equivalent) qualification in Team Leadership