Head of Programme: Nations and Regions - East London | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Head of Programme: Nations and Regions
East London, Greater London, England
43000.0000 - 50000.0000
Permanent (Full time)
Job Title: Head of Programme: Nations and Regions
Salary: £43,000 - £50,000 per annum based on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company is the trade organisation that brings together people, companies and organisations to realise the positive outcomes of what digital technology can achieve. With over 800 members (the majority of which are SMEs) across the UK they create a network for innovation and collaboration across business, government, and stakeholders to provide a better future for people, society, the economy, and the planet. By providing expertise and insight, they support members, partners, and stakeholders as they prepare the UK for what comes next in a constantly changing world.
The Company's Nations and Regions Programme is aimed at engaging the public and private sector to support their nations and regions reinvent and recover in the aftermath of COVID-19. They believe that it is essential that they plan for a levelled-up recovery and that digital technology plays a vital role in enabling that.
They have already published a series of reports known as "Building the future we need" based on Digital Dialogues that were held with Nations and Regions across the UK which explored the digital strengths and weaknesses of those areas.
This role will be at the forefront of how the Company leverages their existing programme offering to support and increase the digital capital (from skills to infrastructure) of our nations and regions.
You will be leading the work to increase their presence in the UK's nations and regions, building communities and expanding their membership. You will work closely with their policy team - ensuring that their national policy proposition is based on a proper understanding of local experiences - and their wider market programme teams as you identify where the Company can help to deliver better local outcomes for People, Society, Economy and Planet.
They are looking for a self-motivated individual with strong community building capabilities and experiences. You will be the focal point for their Nations and Regions work, engaging with senior stakeholders in their membership and key stakeholders in their nations and regions. You will report into the Director for Markets.
- A self-motivated individual who is comfortable managing projects across multiple teams
- Has strong community-building and networking skills
- Is able to articulate, explain and sell the benefits of the Company to a range of audiences from stakeholders in their nations and regions to potential new members
- Can identify areas and issues where the Company can add value to local stakeholders and members and build a proposition from the Company's existing programmes
- Has a can-do approach and comfortable working in a high pressure, fast-paced environment with competing demands
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of the broad UK tech landscape and the positioning and role of the Company
- Has a proven track record and experience of building and maintaining communities
- Strong project management skills, ideally able to demonstrate the successful delivery of public policy or market engagement outcomes
- Ability to manage multiple events concurrently
- Comfortable with, and has experience of, working with board level executives
- Has a strong commercial focus
- Has a strong interest in the power of technology to deliver positive outcomes in People, Society, Economy and Planet with a particular focus on levelling up their nations and regions
Desired Knowledge and Experience
- Has a proven track record of managing events (dinners, breakfast briefings, seminars etc) ensuring accuracy and attention to detail
- Has an awareness of tech companies' business models and drivers
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK prior to commencement of employment. Due to the volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 3 weeks of applying, please deem your application as unsuccessful on this occasion.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role. Cover letters must be kept to a max. of 500 words.
Applications without cover letter will not be accepted.
Candidates with experience of; Public Affairs, Policy Manager, Senior Policy Manager, Policy Adviser, Senior Policy Adviser, Local Council Policy Manager, Non-Profit Programme Manager, Public Sector Programme Management, ICT Programme Manager, Technology Programme Manager, Technical Programme Manager, Technology Implementation Manager, ICT Business Programme Manager may also be considered for this role.