Senior Scientist - East Midlands - This Area Only | Zoek UK | 104036d6884642bbb1f424e32c054458
- East Midlands - This Area Only
£28000.00 - £28000.00 PerAnnum
Permanent (Full time)
Entrust RS is delighted to be working to one of the leading biotech companies in the UK and they are looking to appoint a Senior Scientist to join the team at their Nottingham facility.
A high number of candidates may make applications for this position, so make sure to send your CV and application through as soon as possible.
Location : Nottingham Working hour/ week : hours Contract : 6 – 12 month Pay : £28 K plus based on contract PAYE rate Based in Nottingham the facility focuses on early stage development of small molecule drug candidates from the bench to clinic.
The facility offers an array of services that support oral dosage forms that include characterization, formulation and analytical development, manufacturing and clinical packaging, labelling and worldwide distribution.
Their Nottingham base is the home of their bioavailability enhancement technologies, including Spray Drying and OptiMelt™ Hot Melt Extrusion to support the needs of our client’s most challenging compounds.
The MHRA approved facilities include cGMP dose form manufacturing, packaging, analytical and development laboratories.
To support the business with onsite Formulation Development, contributing to the development of products that help people live better, healthier lives.
Innovation is the foundation of formulation development, supplying pioneering solutions and state of the art technologies to support drug product development.
Responsibilities: To ensure that all Client projects and internal research projects are conducted in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, meet Client specifications and are delivered on time and within budget.
To provide coaching and mentoring to the junior members of the team • To ensure that all work is conducted in a responsible and safe manner in accordance with the companies Health and Safety policies and ensure that all Health and Safety considerations are appropriately documented.
• To conduct and document work to cGMP ensuring that projects are conducted in accordance with company procedures and the agreed timelines • To work efficiently and without the need of close supervision.
• Ability to work closely with the Technical Leads (Formulation, Analytical and Characterisation leads) and Study Director to interpret data accurately and aid in the dissemination of this data to the client.
• The ability to follow internal procedures accurately.
• To demonstrate the drive and enthusiasm to deliver on project work.
• To seeks to accomplish critical tasks with measurable results.
• To document experiments and results in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
• To strives for excellence in performance by surpassing established standards.
• Has a strong sense of urgency regarding completion of experimental work and documentation.
• To identify what needs to be done and communicates effectively to relevant stakeholders.
• To document all project work to a high standard.
This includes contemporaneous, complete and clear documentation of laboratory work in laboratory notebooks and the timely completion of all necessary project administration.
• To perform all laboratory work to a high degree of scientific rigour such that it will stand up to external scientific, legal or regulatory scrutiny.
• To ensure that all workspaces are kept in a neat and appropriate standard • To communicate to line managers, progress on assigned work and associated milestones in a timely manner.
• To maintain personnel training record at all times and proactively identify any training requirements for the job role.
• Maintain knowledge and awareness of the latest developments and best practice in own area of expertise and seek to apply within the company • To communicate with clients in an effective, proactive and appropriate manner • To provide leadership and training to the junior members of the team Education or Equivalent Requirements: • Typically, a minimum of a BSc and at least three – five years’ experience in a relevant technical area, or a relevant PhD with a good understanding of appropriate characterisation techniques and/or formulation/manufacturing processes, or equivalent.
Knowledge/Skills Requirements: • Ability to multi-task and demonstrate diplomatic skills • Proficient (excellent) in English verbal and written communication skills to convey and receive ideas and instructions to/from others within and outside the organization • Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from peers, management, suppliers and customers • Strong organizational skills • Proficient skills in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) • Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines Physical Requirements: • Individual may be required to sit, stand, walk regularly • Occasionally lift 0-15 pounds • Specific vision requirements include reading of written documents and frequent use of computer monitor If interested in this role and want to know more then please apply