Graduate Teaching Assistant - Battersea | Zoek UK | 104248c222de47618117b39c93e9f7c9
Graduate Teaching Assistant
- Battersea, Greater London, England
£70 - £90 per day
Graduate Teaching Assistants required - South West London
If you are a University Graduate who is keen to kickstart your career in education, Prospero Teaching have amazing schools that can prepare you for your teacher training.
Prospero teaching has a diverse range of secondary schools in South West who are looking for Graduates to assist in supporting students within their school. If you are seeking a long-term position and can commit for the entire academic year, we would be happy to hear from you.
About the Secondary SEN Teaching Assistant Role
In this Secondary SEN Teaching Assistant position you will be helping to nurture the social and academic development of KS3-KS4 students. As a SEN teaching assistant you will be working within the Learning Support centre and will be supporting pupils with Special Educational Needs. You will be working alongside an experienced SENCo and will be supporting pupils in small groups and on a 1:1 basis.
The school are looking to meet with individuals who have experience working with young people with Special Educational Needs such as Autism.
To be considered you will need to be a purposeful and hard-working graduate who has a good understanding of how to work with children based on experience gained from a similar role and a natural ability to consider pupils with SEN.
· Location - Various locations across West London
· Position - University Graduates
· Type of work - Graduate Teaching Assistant - No previous education experience required
· Start date - January 2021
· Duration / Likely Duration - 1 Year - January until July 2021
· Contract type - Temporary with the view to go permanent after
· Full time/part time - FULL TIME ONLY
· Minimum rate of pay £70 per day
· Hours - 8:30 am - 3:30 pm (full day)
TYPICAL DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
· Work with all ability ranges including those with EAL and SEN
· Run your intervention sessions and booster groups with pupils that need it the most.
· Be involved in running extracurricular activities
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Ideally you would have graduated from a Russell Group, with a degree in ANY subject
· NO previous education experience is required to apply
· Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year (desirable however not essential)
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
· Hold Right to Work in the UK
· Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
· Provide two professional references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV or contact Jayde at Prospero.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
· Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
· In-house Training and Development Team
Posted 37 days ago