Female Support Worker - Baschurch | Zoek UK | 104aa061ab62441580ae3a0ea4ed0764
Female Support Worker
- Baschurch, Shropshire, England
Permanent (Full time)
Recruiting Support Workers in Baschurch
Perthyn are a not for profit charity who support adults with learning disabilities. We are currently recruiting full time and part time support workers to be based in Baschurch, Shrewsbury.
Now is a great opportunity to join a rewarding career in social care. Do you want to use your skills to help others to be part of their community and actively support people achieve the best of their ability?
If so, get in touch to arrange a telephone or video interview for the opportunity to join Perthyn as a support worker, a role which the Government classifies as a key worker. You can play a critical role by working with the people we support during this difficult period.
Successful applicants will be:
• Enthusiastic and willing to support others to try new things
• Committed to empowering people to enhance their independence
• A car driver and willing to drive vehicles for work purposes
• Flexible to work a range of shifts including mornings, afternoons, evenings, wakeful nights, sleep ins and weekends.
You will work within a cluster that supports 3 ladies living together in their own home in Baschurch and 2 friends and gentleman living on his own in Oswestry.
You will support individuals to maintain their tenancy and develop skills in all aspects of daily living including cooking, cleaning and shopping. You will also help people to engage in social , leisure and educational opportunities in the community, which will include activities such as swimming, bowling, and attending college. Your manager will support you to develop your practice, gain understanding of each individual you work with, and deliver person centred support within a Positive Behaviour Support framework.
At Perthyn, our employees receive a range of benefits, including:
• Guaranteed hours and permanent contracts
• Progression and developmental opportunities
• Full and comprehensive training
• The opportunity to complete health and social care qualifications
• Rotas that are issued up to 4 weeks in advance, with shifts equally shared amongst support staff teams
• Family friendly policies
• Generous holiday entitlement of up to 34 days leave per annum
• 45p per mile mileage allowance
• Enhanced maternity and sick pay
• Ride to work scheme
• £55 sleep in allowance
• Company pension scheme
• £250 recommend a friend scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Free enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service Certificate
Perthyn’s Applicant Privacy Notice is available on our website under Career Opportunities. It applies to all applicants and it describes how we collect and use your personal data throughout the recruitment process in accordance with the General Data Protection (GDPR).
If you have not received a response within three weeks of your application, unfortunately on this occasion you will have been unsuccessful. We reserve the right to close a vacancy early should a sufficient number of applications be received before the closing date