Project Manager (Structured cabling & data - East London | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Project Manager (Structured cabling & data centre projects)
East London, Greater London, England
Permanent (Full time)
1. Key Deliverables
Health & Safety
Demonstrate appropriate Health and Safety leadership to ensure that the safety first and foremost message is visible and alive throughout any activities carried out.
Ensure adherence to all Kinetic policies, processes, and procedures
Ensure that all operational activities are carried out in compliance with internal procedure and external legislation governing business operations, including project specific standards.
To provide and maintain leadership for the project delivery team and to maximise the potential of the team and the individuals within.
To participate within bid activity as requested by the senior management and to work in conjunction with the Business.
Business Planning and Budgeting
Prepare and maintain business plans and budgets accurately based on the initial contract parameters and objectives. Seeking opportunities to provide actions which maximises profit on the projects. Continue to monitor the profitability of contracts using appropriate management accounts techniques.
Provide appropriate input to all monthly reviews in line with the business procedures to ensure that the senior management have full knowledge of the completion and financial status of the project until completion.
To manage all related activities to the successful completion of the projects. In line with agreed quality and commercial plans to achieve targets within agreed timescales and cost constraints.
Relationships with Customers
Ensure that positive relationships are maintained with the customer through efficient delivery of projects with a view to optimising future opportunities and profitability.
Ensuring design and installation meets internal and client specifications and statutory requirements
2. Job Purpose
The ongoing growth and success of Kinetic IT has created a new opportunity for a Project Manager to deliver a range of Infrastructure Solutions & Services into our Clients.
Project and service requests vary significantly, ranging from ongoing small works to large campus projects, often encompassing one or more of our core services. The ability to add value to our Clients by working closely with them, proactively identifying, and implementing innovative, high quality solutions is essential. You will be adept at managing multiple complex work streams, working closely with other project management teams, delivering successful outcomes whilst orchestrating workloads.
It is expected that you will manage site-based engineering teams headed by a Site Manager / Supervisor or a Project Manager with potentially multiple streams of work taking place at any one time.
The successful applicant will be responsible for building and maintaining a successful relationship with our Clients and will provide onsite assistance, management and administration of Network / Cabling and other projects ensuring that quality is maintained, and deadlines are met whilst ensuring the project delivers the expected profit margin. Provide leadership and direction to others and be fully aware of emerging standards and technologies and their implementation.
3. Key Accountabilities
Project Delivery Planning and Monitoring
• Deliver a high-quality service whilst maintaining profitability targets.
• Defining project plan to complete within necessary timescales.
• Management of internal and external stakeholder requirements and setting expectations.
• Complete Risk and Method Statements.
• Maintain and assume responsibility for quality standards.
• Ensure delivery staff on projects are appropriately qualified.
• Maintain responsibility for health and safety on site in line with site and KINETIC standards.
• Ensuring H & S requirements are clearly communicated and understood by the project team.
• Manage change control via variations.
• Protect the Companies interests.
• Arrange materials and confirm they are correctly ordered.
• Produce any required project documentation and management reports as required.
• Understand conditions of PO / Contract . payment schedule, programme of works, labour
• Manage any project variations by the agreed process.
• Timely sign-off of works or project for invoicing.
• Completion of monthly payment application when required in advance of application date.
• Monitor labour and materials to ensure no overspend.
• Proactively manage (improve) the financial position of the project where possible.
• Maintaining commercial responsibility and accountability for the project.
• Provide detailed cost vs budget reports when required.
• Detailed cost monitoring of actual, committed and forecasted spend to ensure quoted margin is maintained or bettered.
• Understand conditions of PO / Contract . (JCT / NEC) and payment schedule, programme of works, labour recording and special work instructions and project processes . Delay notices etc.
Essential Behaviour and Skills/Competencies
• Leadership taking responsibility in setting up a project / service specific documentation,
processes and support structures
• Ability to drive service growth into different areas of the Clients’ business.
• Strong client interface skills and great customer service focus, ability to present at tender
• Strong technical and design knowledge of leading structured cabling system vendor solutions.
• Knowledge of Data Centre, Office and Campus SCS design, Wi-Fi solutions, Equipment roll-outs, Containment, Cabinets, PDU Strips and associated infrastructure.
• Understanding of current and future (BSI) structured cabling standards and specifications.
• Able to focus and deliver when under pressure as a team player.
• General industry knowledge and market awareness.
• Competent in Microsoft Office suite including - Excel, Word, Visio, MS Project and Teams.
• Flexible working in line with project demands may be required