Operations Manager - Stevenage | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Operations Manager - Biologics
Competitive Salary, bonus and healthcare
Permanent (Full time)
Do you have strong experience in leading facility expansions and improvement projects, gained in a Biopharmaceutical, Biologics or Biotech environment, backed with a degree (or similar) in the biologics field? If so, there is an excellent career opportunity for you with a fast-growing cell therapy organisation in Stevenage, who are devoted to tackling cancer.
This is a newly created role for an Operations Manager, to support all the site functions with regards to facilities administration, equipment, asset management, IT providers and health and safety matters. This is part of the company’s exciting expansion in 2021 and will be followed by additional hiring and more opportunities presenting themselves. We are looking for an adaptable, energetic, collaborative, honest and versatile person to join this pioneering company who are at the forefront of T-cell therapy.
This is a permanent position, paying a very generous salary, annual bonus and healthcare, to discuss on application. You will be based primarily on site in modern premises in Stevenage.
Reporting to the VP of Manufacturing, your role will include:
- Lead facility expansion and improvement projects to agreed timelines and act as the primary point of contact with 3rd party providers
- Manage GMP and non – GMP facility
- Manage equipment metrology, planned maintenance and repair with suppliers and service providers, scheduling and execution and liaise with finance team
- Act as a technical expert for cleanroom and laboratory design and operation
- Support QC teams and manufacturing in investigations and CAPA’s
- Oversee facility expenses and report for services, insurance, rent and energy to agree budget
- Act as a Health and Safety Representative, chair company and safety meetings and provide training and support for all staff
Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience of Operations Management gained within a commercial Pharmaceutical setting, ideally in a Biologics, Cell Therapy / ATMP, sterile manufacturing or Biopharmaceutical organisation, regulated to GMP standards
- Life science qualification – ideally a degree minimum in a biological discipline
- Experience and involvement in external regulatory inspections
- Experience and knowledge in dealing with Health and Safety issues
- Ability to negotiate and build collaboration with third parties and service providers
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with people at all levels
- Proactive, driven, pragmatic, open-minded, emotionally intelligent, positive and respectful approach to your work
Full details will be provided on application. This is a permanent role in Stevenage, Hertfordshire.