Paint Sprayer - Blackburn | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Blackburn, Blackburn with Darwen, England
Permanent (Full time)
Summary of Role:
The post-holder will be a proven Paint Sprayer who is able to wet paint aerospace components in accordance to organisational and industry standards. The post-holder must have the ability to work within a team as well as individually to meet manufacturing/operational objectives set by the Value Stream Manager &/or Team Leader. It is essential that the post-holder has a flexible attitude so that they can become a versatile, multi-skilled individual who has the ability to work across different manufacturing functions within the business.
Principal Duties/ Responsibilities:
- Spray painting aerospace components
- Prepare surfaces and apply fillings, coatings, and coverings to required standards
- Frequent communication (several times throughout each day) with the Department's Team Leader to understand clear production plans so that objectives can be met
- Maintain compliance to all master processes and associated documents therefore ensuring industry standards are upheld in the production of components, this will involve the usage of Master Processes, Work Instruction Sheet (WIS) and the completion of job pack sign off documentation
- Undertaking tasks delegated by the Team Leader, Value Stream Leader &/or Senior Management.
- Ensuring their performance within the team remains a high standard
- The preparations of components/parts are completed in accordance to standards within specifications provided
- Monitoring and maintaining health and safety standards
- To adhere to procedures which include Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery and People (SQCDP)
- Regular upkeep of records (ensuring all documentation is maintained to ensure organisational and industry standards are upheld)
- Undertaking training and development set by the Team Leader &/ Value Stream Manager (Lean 101 Training, Code of Conduct and continuous professional development in accordance to any shortfalls within training matrices)
- To contribute and undertake 6S improvements
- To support cost reduction initiatives by introducing new ideas or removing waste and non-value added time or operations to increase profitability whilst maintaining compliance
- To support Value Stream Manager &/or Team Leaders with the maintenance of skills planning and training matrices
The Post holder is expected to work flexibly within the role. It is expected for the post holder to carry out activities for which they are competent. Additionally, the post holder will also carry out additional duties upon request from Team Leaders, Value Stream Manager and/or Senior Management.
Qualifications / Skills:
- Previous paint spraying experience, ideally within Engineering/Manufacturing/Production environment(s)
- Candidate must have "wet spray" experience
- NVQ Level 3 in a paint spraying discipline (or equivalent)
- Computer literate and able to use Microsoft Office Applications
- A working understanding and/or knowledge of Epicor system
- Has a flexible attitude towards the role
- Ability to work as part of the team whilst using their own initiative to make autonomous decisions to ensure project deadline compliance
- The ability to maintain attention to detail by providing high levels of accuracy
- Highly motivated, driven and disciplined with a "can do" attitude
Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines.