Injection Moulding Setter x 2 - Hollington | Zoek UK | 106ffa3f3f49405d877d3f3520a0c6e1
Injection Moulding Setter x 2
Hollington, East Sussex, England
£25000 - £28500/annum To be discussed at Interview
Permanent (Full time)
Job Overview: Working alongside our client, a specialist injection moulding manufacturer we are looking to recruit 2 x Injection Moulding Setters to join their team.
- As an Injection Moulding Setter, you must have several years’ experience with setting, conditioning, maintenance & process optimisation of injection moulding machines working with a wide range of materials.
- As an Injection Moulding Setter, you will be expected to ensure the continuous running of the machine at the optimum cycle time to produce quality products.
- The role of an Injection Moulding Setter is to fulfil all aspects of machinery tool changes, from hanging the tool and securing the tool in the machine through to the use of programming software and setting up the robots to provide the optimum cycle time.
- For a proven Injection Moulding Setter this is an excellent opportunity to work secure a stable position within a forward-thinking company.
- To deliver and maintain sufficient attitude, approach, skill and knowledge to enable you to set-up, bring into safe operation, problem solve, improve and provide safe shut-down of tooling and processing equipment associated with the Injection Moulding operation and the manufacture/delivery of PVC product to stock and the Warehouse and Logistics functions of the business. Ensuring output is delivered to within the targeted cost, quality and time requirement, noting and reporting upon any variation to the target performance criteria or deviation from any expected operating parameters.
- To be able to process recycle materials utilised as part of normal production cycle but also to operate equipment used for the development and production of recycled raw material for use within the Company’s Moulding operation.
- To set-up and run all automated equipment associated to each production line or cell or task and is employed to process, assembly or pack output.
- To maintain to an accurate level required records and systems, enabling the monitoring and confirmation of equipment and process performance along with records detailing the volume of output and productivity.
Quality Management Systems:
- To complete with sufficient diligence and accuracy such monitoring, tests and checks as put in place to ensure output and performance is delivered within expected parameters and that such output meets any applied standards or specification requirement.
- To maintain such processing knowledge to enable accurate and efficient processing of the materials that may be utilised across the moulding operation and the processes employed to deliver output.
Health & Safety:
- To maintain a high-level house-keeping across your work area ensuring a safe and healthy work environment, safety standards are adhered to across the work area and work is completed to within agreed safe practice and legislation.
- To effectively and safely carry out tool changes in the injection moulding areas of the business
- To be able to work well within the technical injection moulding setting, processing & optimisation team
- Basic machine maintenance and trouble shooting
- To ensure injection moulding processes can achieve targeted scarp and efficiency levels, on new and existing products.
- To drive continuous improvements ensuring product quality is maintained & good working practices are adhered to.
- To liaise with all members of the department to ensure operations run smoothly
- To ensure Health & Safety rules are maintained with your own work area and demonstrate a duty of care to colleagues, visitors, contractors or anyone else on site.
- Experience within an Injection Moulding production / engineering environment – to include demonstrable knowledge Tool Setting, Materials processing, Packing,
- Automation systems and robotics and ancillary and down-stream production equipment.
- Demonstrable materials processing knowledge of PVC.
- Experience of setting, operating and troubleshooting a wide range of production tooling within an Injection Moulding environment.
- Production Schedule Management Skills – the ability to work to plan and troubleshoot in delivering production objectives within agreed time scales and costs would be desirable.
- Quality Management – to include process management and the ability to adhere to and improve agreed procedures.
Key Words: “Injection Moulding”, “Setter”, “Moulding Technician”, “Injection Moulding Setter”, “Process Technician”, “Process Development Technician”, “Setter Supervisor”, “Senior Setter”, “Plastic”
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
For all UK positions candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
For all other countries you must have a valid working visa and in date passport
Sierra 57 Consult –
Technical Engineering & Manufacturing Recruitment Specialist – Plastics & Packaging
“Sierra 57 Consult Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, Sierra 57 Consult will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving licence, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable”.
Sierra 57 Consult has been designed to project manage the mechanics of all aspects concerning the recruitment processes, implementing a simple and succinct method for targeting and introducing bona fide and skilled candidates to reputable clients and potential employers.
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, ie salary, location, job roles