Interconnects Design Engineer - St Albans | Zoek UK | 10712e8bf3fd4bccbf128b44ad56e671
Interconnects Design Engineer
St Albans, Hertfordshire, England
Permanent (Full time)
Have you got the right qualifications and skills for this job? Find out below, and hit apply to be considered.
MBDA's increasing workload has generated openings for an Interconnects Design Engineer to work within our growing interconnects team designing bespoke Electrical Interconnects/cables suitable for the transmission of power, signal and data transmission within and between subsystems in our products.
What are we looking for?
High performing teams need high performing and competent individuals. To be suitable for this role, Individuals will be able to demonstrate a number of the following attributes:
- Have experience in Cable/Harness design
- Experience on HarnWare or similar CAD package.
- An understanding of Military Defence Standards and cable harness Manufacture (IPC-WHMA-A-620C) would be beneficial. D38999 connector understanding.
- Ability to define cable construction based upon electrical constraints (Current, screening, signal types, volt drop, EMC and environmental requirements)
- Have the ability to provide advice and support across projects and to other functions as appropriate
- Work effectively in collaboration with mechanical, electronic designers and relevant project managers
- Have an appreciation of Interconnect production/process engineering
- Work to required timescales, identifying and addressing critical aspects as a priority
- Have good verbal and written communication skills
- Pro-active approach, motivated with the ability to deliver quality products on time and to cost whilst ensuring Design for Manufacture and Design for Test.
What's in it for you?
This role provides a wide scope of tasks and a unique opportunity to broaden technically within a growing company and high capability design teams. Exposure to complex and technologically advanced projects and products provides a stimulating experience. Working with highly talented and motivated engineers, in a friendly and supportive environment, provides one of the best environments to further career aspirations and achieve a real feeling of success.
What would you get?
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
You will be designing bespoke cable designs for power, signal & data transmission. To do this you will need to interpret Sub-System requirements and from these generate electrical schematics and cable design definitions on CAD. You will need to carry out investigations into a full range of cable problems, issues or developments and develop and prepare solutions, individually or as a member of a project team. The role also includes Support and liaison with manufacturing to resolve manufacturing problems and defects, plus the support to functional and environmental trials.
What's great about the team?
The Interconnect Engineering team is focussed on specific technologies and provide expertise to the design population in their specialist subject. This specialist team is well respected, supportive and operate in a friendly environment both within the team and also within the greater Electronics function. There are plenty of opportunities to learn, take ownership and expand personally to the level of experience and aspiration that one may have.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.