Customer Service Advisor - Boosbeck | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Customer Service Advisor - Teesside
Boosbeck, Redcar and Cleveland, England
17029.0000 - 18029.0000
Temporary (Full time)
Why apply for this role?
Santander is all about providing our customers with an experience that's second to none. Within the Specialist Contact Centre, we pride ourselves on delivering an excellent standard of service to customers calling about their Mortgage or Loan.
As an important member of our virtual contact centre team, you'll work from home in this role. However, we will need you to be within reasonable travelling distance from our Teesside site, in order to attend some meetings/training.
We treat every single customer as an individual and aim to provide a positive experience to everyone we speak with. What we're looking for in you is a genuine passion and drive to be part of our successful team.
What you'll be doing
- Servicing inbound calls from customers, brokers, solicitors and 3rd parties, either through personal ownership or by liaising with other areas
- Using various systems to ensure all queries raised are fully answered, ensuring the account is accurately updated
- Performing high value financial transactions on customers' accounts
- Achieving key performance indicators based on customer satisfaction and service whilst still achieving a set average call handling time
- Displaying Santander's 9 behaviours in conjunction with our Mortgage Centre of Excellence ethos
What we're looking for
- The ability to treat each customer as an individual and deliver a tailored response on each call
- Being able to work within procedural guidelines
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- An ability to multitask, using multiple systems whilst conversing with our customers
- Numerical and computer skills, with a high level of dexterity
- Flexibility across the range of opening hours
What else you need to know
This is a 6 month fixed term contract position which has the potential to be made permanent.
Operating hours will be 35 hours per week. That means you'll work five seven-hour rotational shifts, between 08:00 to 19:00 Monday to Friday, and 09:00 to 14:00 Saturday (lieu days will be given when working Saturdays).
We will be conducting all interviews via telephone or video-conference where possible. If successful, you will have bespoke training and be supported with ongoing coaching and development.
How we'll reward you
As well as a competitive salary, you'll enjoy a benefits package that you can tailor to your needs. For contract roles, your salary, bonus (where eligible) and certain benefits will be prorated to reflect your contract duration.
- Starting salary of £17,029
- Pension with generous contributions of up to % from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 25 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
For more information about our wide range of benefits and family friendly policies visit our website.
At Santander, with only a small action or a simple idea, you can achieve great things. You can improve the daily life of more than 140 million people. You can collaborate with a friendly team of more than 200,000 employees.
It doesn't stop there. You'll also be part of a vibrant organisation that's been reinventing itself for more than 160 years. One that invests millions of pounds in training its people every year. One that helps more than 2 million people every year with social programmes.
We call it TheSantanderEffect.
Santander are an equal opportunities employer. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people. We have an inclusive culture that aims to make all colleagues feel they belong and can succeed at Santander, and we particularly welcome applications from different underrepresented groups.
For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.
What to do next
If this sounds like a role you're interested in, then please apply on the link below.