Operations Supervisor - Warwick | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Warwick, Warwickshire, England
30000.0000 - 35000.0000
Permanent (Full time)
We are currently working with a well-established and forward-thinking client looking for an Operations Supervisor to join one of their sites located just outside Stratford-upon-Avon. This is a pivotal role that requires an experienced supervisor who is accustomed to a fast-paced manufacturing/warehouse environment.
The Operations Supervisor will be responsible for a team of production supervisors, line leaders, operatives and warehouse team leaders, ensuring that all operational and warehouse activities are completed accurately, concisely and to the required standards of quality, legality and safety. A key part of the role is to coordinate the activities of the warehouse and packhouse ensuring continuity of supply and timely and efficient order output. The role requires the effective management of staff and product including the organisation of people, materials, labels, operational throughput and packaging.
- Responsibility for the supervision and ongoing operational performance of a team of warehouse and packhouse staff including support staff.
- Liaise with procurement, logistics, planning, stock control and sales teams to ensure the ongoing efficiency of the site operation.
- To work at all times within the obligations required of an ERTS facility (Greenford).
- To ensure that all information and systems required for the accuracy and ongoing effectiveness of the Prophet data input system is managed correctly and to the required standards.
- To analyse the ongoing performance of direct reports ensuring high levels of performance and output.
- To schedule production and order processing effectively, maximising efficiencies and operational throughput.
- To monitor the performance of equipment ensuring that any malfunction or breakdown is reported and remedied.
- To ensure the ongoing accuracy of all customer specifications and due diligence data.
- Support and manage KPIs and training for all staff under your authority.
- Supervisory management of the team to include performance, time and attendance, staff registers, holiday, discipline, Bradford factor and return to work interviews.
- Responsible for the . out load to all of our customers.
- Ensuring that the Intake and dispatch due diligence and area SOPs are fully implemented and controlled.
- Responsible for providing support data for input into detailed reports highlighting all activity undertaken, line performance, costings and labour.
- To play a key role within the company communications structure, attending meetings, forwarding and raising awareness of conditions and operational capabilities and identifying and implementing actions raised.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Educated to national QCF level 3 in an academic or relevant vocational qualification.
- Previous experience within a warehouse or packhouse environment in a FMCG supervisory capacity is essential.
- Experience of the prophet data input system is essential including data input, reconciliation and reports.
- Computer literate to a high standard with particular requirements for MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience of the requirements and demands of retail customers.
- An understanding of the supply chain for fresh fruits and vegetables.
7am - 5pm, Tuesday to Saturday or Sunday to Thursday