Chef - Yardley Gobion | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Yardley Gobion, Northamptonshire, England
Permanent (Full time)
Oakleaf are currently looking for a Hospital Chef to join our friendly team at our Asana Lodge in Towcester. This is a full-time, permanent, position on a 2 week rota working a 5-2 shift pattern, (Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday on the long week, and Wednesday, Thursday on short week).
Asana Lodge is a private Residential Treatment Company dedicated to the rehabilitation of those experiencing difficulty with addiction to drugs or alcohol. Committed to transforming the lives of those addicted to substances, securing recovery and improved health and well-being for our clients
This is an excellent opportunity for a chef to join the our friendly team.
Ideally you will have experience of working as a chef in a similar setting. Must have experience of being a chef and able to lead and motivate a team.
The job will involve working days only ( – ). Will require alternate weekends.
Main function of the job:-
To manage the preparation and all meals of the service.
Main duties of the role:-
· Prioritise workload.
· Help to create and maintain cooking and cleaning regimes (daily, weekly, periodically etc) for all areas of the kitchen in line with the Company’s quality philosophy.
· Help to prepare menus in advance in a regular and varied way.
· To ensure that all meals are prepared and presented to a high standard.
· To ensure that any special dietary meals are prepared.
· To prepare and present food to a high standard and quality.
· To ensure that adequate stock controls are in place.
· To ensure that an inventory of kitchen equipment is updated and managed.
· To ensure that proper quality control systems are adopted for all aspects of the meal preparation management.
· To operate the equipment, food and meal preparation areas within budgets.
· To ensure that food handling, cleanliness, health, safety, risk assessments and that all procedures required within the meal preparation areas operate to the highest possible standards.
· To ensure that the meal preparation areas operate to current and any future legal or regulatory requirement.
· Always maintain client and business confidentiality
· Catering qualification
· Food hygiene certificate
· Previous Head Chef experience
· Team player
· Highly organised
· Knowledge/experience of health and safety legislation
· Knowledge of nutritional needs of service user group