Commercial Finance Analyst - Preston | Zoek UK | 107bf04de42646db8172ac25b9da93b6
Commercial Finance Analyst
- Preston, Lancashire, England
£35000 - £45000 per annum
2x Newly created Commercial Finance Analyst roles with a focus on analysis, business partnering, and driving revenue. Positions sit within a secure and profitable entity of a large plc.
These positions have been created as part of significant investment to develop the finance function and drive profitability. With analysis and business partnering now at the heart of the team, these two roles will have an operational/commercial split remit to support this.
Although Month-end support is still present in this position, the closing period is very small, meaning you can truly focus on adding real tangible value through insightful analysis and stakeholder management.
Progression opportunities from this role will be presented in commercial finance and wider accountancy teams.
- Ownership over a portfolio of sites from an analytical perspective. Primarily acting as a Commercial Finance Analyst / business partner whilst supporting brief month/period-end duties as required.
- Analysis of large volumes of data, manipulating this and converting into tangible commercial outcomes to drive performance and change.
- Partnering with finance and non-finance functions alike to maximise performance and minimise risk. Create awareness and consistency by influencing across the group.
- Manage and support 1x junior analyst who will complete relevant transactional processing and collation of data.
- Top level reporting - regularly dealing with Finance Manager, Directors, Site Managers, Group Finance.
- Deep dive into contracts and ongoing work to identify revenue generation opportunities and to mitigate risk from a financial viewpoint.
- Continuous development of controls/processes/systems relating to finance and the wider business - Notably SAP & Excel.
- Support Month end close and operational finance team as required.
- Partner closely with commercial manager and share/gather information that can improve performance.
- Develop P&L at site level to understand local profitability and to improve output.
- Support ongoing projects by providing financial input.
- Qualified or finalist ACCA/CIMA/ACA (essential)
- Previous exposure to commercial finance or business analysis
- Proactive problem solver
- Outgoing personality and fantastic stakeholder manager
- Hungry to progress further in career
Established, secure and profitable group with multiple sites across the UK. These roles are situated within a contract-driven entity (Preston, c250mil+ turnover) which has a secure funding stream and reputable leadership.
Well known business with a great staff retention track-record through supporting and developing employees. Progression opportunities are specifically available for this role, as is study support for applicants who are not yet qualified.
Salary & Benefits
- £35,000-£45,000 basic salary
- Company pension enrolment
- Flexibility where required
- Comprehensive company benefits package
- Study Support (if required)
The salary range/rates of pay is dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: ###### notice.
Posted 17 days ago