CNC Miller (offline programming) - Preston | Zoek UK | 107f617c0b874637a973145aca76f3f8
CNC Miller (offline programming)
- Preston, Lancashire, England
£28000 - £32000/annum
Permanent (Full time)
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A "HANDS ON" ENGINEER FOR THIS ROLE WHO IS HAPPY TO DO MACHINING AS WELL DEAL WITH PRICING ETC
Our client are a small engineering firm who are looking to expand and develop and need the right people with the right attitude to join the team.
As the successful programmer – operator, you will have the experience working for an established and growing precision machining company with an excellent reputation for producing highly precision machined parts. Jobs will range from 1 offs to production runs with the majority being low volume work ranging from 2-20pcs. The work targeting this machine with vary with customers ranging from motorsport companies to the ballistics industry.
· Working from step files / cad drawings using CADCAM software (fusion360 currently used) for 3-4 axis CNC milling work.
· Creating offline programs, toolpaths, and completing all setting / operating work
· Assisting on the odd occasion with 2,3 and 4 axis lathe work.
· Assisting with calculating lead times and organising CNC milling work.
· Be able to train another member on staff on this machine with the view to purchasing another identical machine in the next 12 months
· Opportunity to learn / develop current skills on a range of CNC lathes varying from sub spindle/live tooling machines to 2axis lathes.
Skills and experience:
· Essential: programming, setting, and operating a Hurco VMX30Ti
· Essential: online / offline programming using fusion 360 CAD CAM software
· Essential: Being able to work under pressure and consistently hit lead times
· Essential: Be able to pass on skills to employees and eventually fully train a colleague to be a competent CNC milling programmer-operator.
· Preferable: previous experience in a supervisory role, with a view to ‘manage’ the shop floor staff
· Preferable: An interest in motorsport and previous experience machining motorsport components
· Preferable : Basic understanding of fanuc controlled lathes.
Hours of Work:
· hours per week
· 8am – 5pm Monday to Thursday
· 8am – Friday
· Overtime available, paid at .
· DOOSAN LYNX 300M LATHE - X2
· DOOSAN LYNS 220LMS LATHE - X1
· DOOSAN PUMA 400 LATHE - X2
· DOOSAN PUMA 2100 LATHE - X1
· HURCO VMX 30TI MILLING MACHINE (with the view to purchase a second similar machine)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
To apply please forward your cv in word format