Site Manager - Andover | Zoek UK | 1081d4
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Andover, Hampshire, England
Permanent (Full time)
My client is a rapidly expanding leading industry specialist in the consultation, design and implementation of ecological and environmental solutions. With over 25 years’ working with nature, their expertise encompasses terrestrial and aquatic habitats with a specific passion for rivers and wetlands.
Their services deliver environmental protection, enhancement and restoration through ecological mitigation, habitat improvement and environmental monitoring. A specialist of choice, my client delivers innovative, sensitive, and compliance-focused solutions across all sectors. Their work can range from river restorations, river re-alignments, floodplain reconnections, habitat creation and fish passes.
Site Manager – Environmental
My client is a widely recognized industry specialist in the consultation, design and implementation of ecological and environmental solutions. With over 25 years’ working with nature, the business is experiencing sustained growth driven by its customer centric focus and ability to attract and retain the best talent. As a Site Manager, you’ll be joining a team of hardworking, motivated and passionate people to deliver major environmental projects all over the country. You will be a part of the Habitats Team delivering a variety of environmental enhancement projects including, river restoration, fish passage, ecological mitigation and restoration works from concept through to delivery.
My client is looking for someone who has experience in working outdoors in environmentally sensitive areas. You will receive ongoing training and development in all aspects of the operational tasks and have a great opportunity for continued progression. They are looking for real go-getters who have a positive work ethic, and a practical and determined approach.
The role will be based from their new Head Office at Thruxton Airfield, Hampshire. There is a requirement for travel across the UK from Monday - Friday as and when required by the business and you will be responsible for managing the delivery of construction sites and in conjunction with the Project Managers, will be contributing in the pre-planning meetings to project sign-off. Your remit will cover management, reporting, Health & Safety (H&S) and Human Resources (HR).
* Will have experience of operating within and managing field teams
* Will have an understanding of management of Health, Safety and Wellbeing within the company
* Will be able to perform tasks as directed and meet deadlines
* Will have an awareness of environmental issues
* Will be physically fit and highly motivated
* Will have exceptional communication skills
* Will have strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills and report writing
* Will have a positive can-do attitude
* Will have leadership qualities
* Will have an eye for detail
* Minimum of 2 years site & management experience
* Valid CSCS card or equivalent
Desirable but not essential:
* SMSTS (or working towards)
* Valid First Aid certificate
* Knowledge and experience of CDM regulations 2015
* Ecological knowledge
Salary and benefits:
* £30,000 per annum DOE
* 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
* Overtime with Night and Weekend enhancements
* Paid accommodation and subsistence allowance (when working away)
* Access to a company pool vehicles
* Regular training and career development
* Access to mental health support and professional financial advice.
The Client operate an open and relaxed management culture that nurtures continuous improvement and innovation, adopting a proactive growth strategy helps us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all.
Their success is founded on the talent of their employees, so they recognize the importance of personal growth, encouragement and earned rewards. As a company, they want you to share in their achievements and they want to be a conduit for your success.
The company prides itself on providing employees with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development and enabling them to reach their full potential.
Furthermore, retaining employees is the building block of a successful organisation and they want to ensure you maintain a healthy work life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working and social activities.
How to Apply
Do not hesitate to get in touch, our client is actively recruiting for this role and needs someone in position ASAP. Please submit your CV without delay