Senior Commercial Development Manager North - West Midlands - This Area Only | Zoek UK | 10850817de11440ba7da5ee649e86017
Senior Commercial Development Manager North
- West Midlands - This Area Only
£700 - £701/day
Permanent (Full time)
The Commercial Development (CD) business is accountable for the identification and prioritised delivery of £5bn of property development and commercialisation opportunities in, above and around HS2 stations. The CD business is mandated to maximise social and economic value and deliver timely commercial returns. Working with multiple government and private stakeholders, the CD business will deliver commercial returns whilst meeting wider regeneration objectives of the HS2 project. All teams within the CD business are responsible for delivering service excellence at all HS2 stations and optimising the commercial performance at each location.
· Oversee the development of site-specific property development plans and manage day to day property development matters.
· Support the Head of Commercial Development to manage various contracts. Key tasks under this role will include, but are not limited to: -
o Support delivery of the Directorate's business plans and annual budgets, producing cost, value and risk projections to inform them, and well-structured and reasoned financial analysis and board papers in support of measuring performance of the Directorates targets against the business plans, with support from the Finance Business Partners.
o Monitoring the implementation and delivery of the approved project business plans, comprising: administration of contracts; monitoring and securing internal approvals for the preparation of the development business plans and development of masterplan options; monitoring and securing internal approvals for the preparation of the outline planning applications; monitoring any draw-down conditions for development phases and obtaining the necessary internal approvals; and monitoring the construction and sale/letting of the completed development phases.
o Lead financial due diligence and appraisal analysis to identify individual projects and options to allow informed decision making, clearly differentiating those assets that are better to develop and/or dispose from those to hold/invest in for income.
o Undertake 3rd party supplier management and contractor management for specialist skillsets (. architects, town planning, technical, commercial, legal and property valuation advisers)
o Interface regularly with key stakeholders, landowners, Department for Transport (DfT) & Network Rail (NR), to drive the development programme forward.
· Financial and property project management skills to manage substantial project budgets and milestones, and oversee sensitivity testing, risk management, etc.
· Ability to develop and maintain a wide network of internal and external relationships, and act as ambassador for HS2 Ltd, and the Commercial Development Directorate where appropriate.
· Ability to work with and win the confidence of a multiple internal and external stakeholders, including the HS2 station delivery teams.
Effective IT and financial appraisal skills encompassing both standard business desktop packages and property specific packages such as 'Argus Developer' and the preparation, and interrogation of development appraisals and discounted cash flows using Microsoft Excel.
Effective presentation and communication skills. Knowledge:
· MRICS or MRTPI professional qualification.
· Knowledge of the wider London and regional property markets and best in class practices in relation to preparation of sites to take to market.
· Understanding of core property development concepts and delivery techniques, inter alia; town planning, property law (development agreements, building agreements, investment leases, planning and GDV overage deeds) construction and engineering principles, procurement, project management etc.
· Knowledge of core property valuation and development appraisal techniques and able to undertake robust evaluations, financial modelling and risk evaluation studies.
· Monitoring and managing live project development accounts.
· Commercial legal knowledge to instruct solicitors in relation to disposals, structuring joint ventures, development agreements, timely and correct service of notices, leases, sub-letting, assignments, acquisitions, etc
· Knowledge of Town Planning issues and requirements.
Type of experience:
· Experience of developing rapport and influencing across a range of stakeholders.
· Experience of overcoming constraints and multi-disciplinary organisational complexity in order to deliver results.
· Experience in supporting procurement and implementation of development agreements & variations, lease and building agreements, effective contract management and budget management experience, including risk management and continuous focus on business direction.
· Experience of reporting, presenting information and gaining formal approvals at senior management level.
· Experience of negotiating and delivering property development projects and transactions from inception to completion without day-to-day supervision
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application
Posted 1 days ago