Support Worker (Young People) - City of London - This Area Only | Zoek UK | 1086889eaa01448189460a909b169f0b
Support Worker (Young People)
- City of London - This Area Only
£10.75 - £11.50 PerHour
Permanent (Full time)
Central Care has a continuous requirement for Support Workers with experience of supporting young people to work in various locations across London in an ad hoc basis within supported accommodation or hostels.
Scroll down to find the complete details of the job offer, including experience required and associated duties and tasks.
Successful candidates will be required to work in various shift patterns including earlies, lates, waking nights, and sleep-ins.
Pay rates range from £
- £ per hour + holiday pay.
In this position, candidates are expected to establish supportive and professional relationships with customers and dealing effectively with unpredictable and challenging situations in a professional and sensitive manner.
To apply for this role, you must have at least 12 months of recent paid social care experience working with clients aged 16-25 years old, along with experience supporting clients with complex needs, such as homelessness, substance misuse, ex-offenders and mental health issues.
Further requirements: In order to register with Central Recruitment Services for temporary agency work, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Current valid right to work in the UK
- Minimum 12 months’ of paid experience in a front line social care role within the last 3 years
- (unless recruitment criteria states otherwise)
- A fully enhanced DBS either registered on the DBS update service or issued within the last 12 months, or willingness to apply for one through Central (at a cost of £44)
- Employment or education history to cover the last 5 years which can be verified through the referencing process How to apply: If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like apply for this post, please forward your CV for consideration.
*Please note the outlined experience is the 'minimum' first stage criteria, and we will therefore be unable to consider your application unless you are able to demonstrate a relevant work history in line with this position