Senior Quantity Surveyor (Highways) - Norwich | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Senior Quantity Surveyor (Highways)
Norwich, Norfolk, England
£55000 - £60000/annum Plus car/allow. & benefits package
Permanent (Full time)
Our client is seeking a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join them at early contractor stage for the design and construction of several large highways projects across Cambridgeshire and Norfolk.
The projects range from construction of new dual carriageways, roundabouts, junction improvements and interchanges with a series of structures all delivered in partnership with the client.
A proven track record of delivering major highways/civil engineering projects is required for the role.
You will work closely with the Commercial Manager in the commercial administration, reporting and performance on this complex project/s undertaking the following;
* Participate in creating a knowingly safe working environment.
* Produce Subcontract documentation including negotiation of terms and conditions, prices, and programme.
* Management of subcontract works packages including, interim assessments of the amount due and subsequent change management.
* Produce and issue all commercial notices, to both the Client and Subcontractors, as required by the form of contract.
* Manage change in a timely manner in accordance with the form of contract, including the production and submission of Compensation Event Quotations.
* Produce, submit, and agree monthly applications, to the Client, in accordance with the form of contract.
* Liaise with operational and engineering staff to ensure site records are kept to the standard required.
* Produce detailed monthly reports and Cost Value Reconciliation’s (CVR) as required by the business unit or project.
* Produce and maintain a detailed ‘Cost Plan’, tracking and forecasting expenditure, including detailed schedules of Subcontractor ‘liabilities’ and use of Oracle based cost analyses.
* Interpret and critically evaluate expenditure reports produced by internal cost systems.
* Attending weekly progress and risk reduction meetings with the client and subcontractors.
* Apply the principles of ‘Doing the right thing’ in maximising value and profit.
* Be available to assist estimating and bid teams with contractual expertise